Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PPE for Ebola..

• 11-10-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Do DFB paramedics have those air fed suits & full face shields?....who is going to be the first out to Dublin Airport for a suspected case off a plane...HSE or DFB?

Has training/Dry run taken place? I don't think it has in Shannon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Do DFB paramedics have those air fed suits & full face shields?....who is going to be the first out to Dublin Airport for a suspected case off a plane...HSE or DFB?

The army with a few guns hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Current training consists of mandatory watching of 28 Days Later and Outbreak on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29578804#

They're running dry runs in the uk..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

NAS equipment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

There is no protocol at present to use breathing apparatus but if I come across a patient who is showing signs and symptoms of Ebola coupled with contact or travel from West Africa, I will be considering calling for backup and getting a few more heads together to figure out the best course of action. The PPE on board at present does not fill me with confidence considering the nurses in the US were wearing similar PPE and still contracted the virus.

It will most likely just come in as an ambulance call for fever/generally unwell patient so first due at the airport will depend on who is available at the time, could be NAS, DFB, or DAA Fire & Rescue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭apc

AFAIK the HSE have sole responsibility for Biological hazards/contamination in Ireland, The fire service deal with chemicals and the Army with Nuclear, The HSE took over the biological role after the Anthrax scares after 2001, ( the fire service wanted rid of the role) they got alot of equipment to deal with the risk around that time, Decomtamination suits ,shelters etc

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Locust

The Gardai have a CBRN capability - but thats more for law enforcement/public safety than for say treating - bringing people to hospital isolation unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tomo536

Has training/Dry run taken place? I don't think it has in Shannon?
    There has been a few suspected cases the dfb have turned out to.They have new equipment being rolled out at the moment but its to be replaced by new stuff because it obviously is not up to the standard required.There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what happens when you arrive at a scene where it is a suspect case.The powers to be seem to be making it up as they go along

Advertisement