Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

all day sickness!!!! :(

Options
  • 09-02-2011 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey Guys,

Im only 5 wks preg,found out on fri woot!!
    Havent been tryin but wasnt preventing either, just letting nature take its course.
    Anywho, So out of nowhere today, i get on the bus to work and have to get off a few stops later as i was so sick!! Then had to walk to town and couldnt get my second bus. Was almost late for work!!
    Was feeling really bad till bout half 10 then it went away and came back the min i tried to eat lunch at 1 and stayed till 4 ish.

My big question is has anyone found a natural remedy for all day sickness that works and is ok to take???
    I dont think i can take weeks of this, im not one for bein sick :(
    Havent gone to the doc yet as i MC'd in oct at 4 weeks so gonna wait another 2 weeks to see the doc.

Opps i ranted. lol.
    Oh well any help would be oh so welcome.
    THX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

try lillipops http://www.lillipops.ie/
    worked on my acid and nausea. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Congrats on being pregnant and sorry you're not feeling well. Is there anyway you can avoid the bus. I find the bus, train and plane make me even sicker. I'm fine walking, cycling and driving myself.

Unfortunately it's just one of those things that goes hand in hand with pregnancy for some women. I'm 23 weeks and still throwing up several times a day. I've resigned myself to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Try ginger, it works for some people.

Eat a ginger nut biscuit at regular intervals during the day and see if it helps.

Being sick in early pregnancy is supposed to be a good sign of a healthy pregnancy so fingers crossed it'll work out for you this time :)

Congratulations :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mom2b

thanks for the replies guys, unfortunately i cant avoid the bus as im too far to walk to work and dont drive, yet :(
    Those lollipops look good and tasty, where were u able to buy them??
    My mom was tellin me about ginger today so off to the shop to buy biscuits later :).
    Wasnt too bad today, cuz i was off work and slept till 11am :) was able to keep down some porridge and stomach was only jumpy for 2 or 3 hours, hopefully yesterday was a once off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Know how you feel big time I had all day sickness till 14wks (not saying it be that long for you)

Those lollipops can be bought in the chemist I still keep a pack of gingernuts in my desk in work in case my sickness comes back they worked well I also noted which foods would make me feel worse/ throw up quicker and tried to avoid them make sure to keep taking fluids as much as you can I found it settled me in the evenings if I drank enough through the day!

Good luck and congrats

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Unfortunately its something you have to cope with rather than cure. Eat little and often, I found a very full or very empty stomach would make it worse. Avoid strong smells of any sort (fabric softener used kill me). Ginger didnt really work for me, but I was never keen on it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I couldn't eat anything with sauce in the early days of my two pregnancies... I lived off chips, potatoes and dry chicken for the first 12 weeks on the first and it was one of the first indicators of pregnancy on number 2!

ya ive already realised the smell of permanent marker kills me!
    Had to resort to righting stickers i nwork in pen lol.

and my god the sense of smell is mad! i normally had a crap sense of smell and now i can my smell ever lil thing.
    its crazy. but quite delighted to be expecting, cant wait to see what happens and see what my family say when i tell them. Only my parents know atm, but i keep having to watch what i say in front of anyone cuz im worried ill burst out with it. thats the hardest part right now.

omg i love you all!!
    Bought ginger biscuits on the way to work today and felt great after only 1!!
    My new best friends.

Advertisement