Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mazda 3 unlocking when brake is pressed

• 14-06-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi, i changed the battery in the fob the other day, now every time the brake is pressed the doors unlock, or if they are already unlocked they still make the sound like the actuator is trying to unlock, if it is a problem with the bcm it would be very coincidental that it started just after the battery had been changed, so im hoping it is just a simple fix, any help would be much appreaciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I know the focus has an issue where the boot opens when you brake, might be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

My guess is that it's a coincidence. In fact I could put money on it that it is. I best the wiring going into the booth where the wire hinges is broken and arcing together.
    That's your problem 100% I've seen it loads upon loads of times

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭scoobydoobie

Thanks for the replies lads, when this first happened i logically enough taught the fob was the problem, having just changed the battery, but i also changed two brake bulbs that day, seeing the replies made me think in a different direction, i had changed one main bulb and also the boot lid light, the boot lid one just wont work even with a new bulb, the main one worked grand, so i went out today and removed the main bulb and no more lock problem, i put it back in and every thing is working grand, must ave been something crossed, burke, i can see what you mean about the booth, it dose get very close and looks like it would get caught by the hinge, but mine is still intact thankfully, cheers.

Advertisement