Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best way to pay in sterling from euro?

Options
  • 06-04-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I plan on going to the UK shortly to purchase a car which I expect to be costing around £20k ish. I'm an AIB customer and am wondering what is the best and cheapest way to do this? I will know the exact cost before I travel and plan to pay the trade seller when I get there, planning to fly over that morning and return via the boat that evening.

I suppose a sterling draft would be the obvious choice but am fearful the exchange rate would not be in my favour. I could do an express electronic transfer but could that be done within the space of an hour or two while I wait with the dealer? What other options are available to me?

Any and all suggestions are welcome here.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

www.transfermate.com

Irish based, see the various experiences on the uk import threads. They transfer quicker and at better rates that the banks. If you tell them to transfer at say 9am, money should be there by lunchtime, although I think they will only guarantee same day.

The banks will only do the same if you do it by 10am but don't open til then, so don't do same day stuff!

Advertisement