Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children on Landing ! WTF !

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

guinness law? screw you cork :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Forgive me if someone else has suggested this, but do water pipes run under your landing? If there is air in the system then it can make odd noises, as can pipes that vibrate, or a dodgy heating pump (i just had to get mine fixed; it sounded like a cat being put through a mangle).

I've heard stories of 'ghostly noises' being cured simply by bleeding the central heating system, or even being the fault of underground watercourses.

It might be worth getting checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

hello!

Here's my prediction, the problem will seem to disappear, until all of a sudden again some night its gonna come back, like a smack in the face, and it will continue, probably with more things happening than the last time. You're going to post that here some day. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TalkToEntities

well i know this may sound a bit obvious but have you tried talking to them.
    like say "hay you kid's, do you know you don't have bodies and your making a lot of racket in my house!"
    i know the simplest solution can often be over looked but it is an option.
    maybe the entities making all the noise don't know they are dead?
    i have had a lot of luck by simply asking particular entities if they know they are dead.
    some times that' all i have to ask and they go away, instantly.
    your situation may be a bit more involved then that but it is worth a shot.
    have you asked them to leave, or do you just get annoyed and frightened by it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Do you have any more updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Not a sight or sound for a long time.
    My sister-in-law was travelling to the USA nearly a year ago, she stayed in our house the nite before she left. When she got up in the morning, she was telling us she heard one of the kids walking around on the landing outside her door. We didnt tell her anything about what was going on.

That was the last nite we have heard anything. we dont hear even a creak these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

They must have went with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

you said that when you check on your kids they are sound asleep, could one of them be sleep walking/running and you're hearing them as they return to bed so by the time you check on them they are back in the bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Faolchu wrote: »
    you said that when you check on your kids they are sound asleep, could one of them be sleep walking/running and you're hearing them as they return to bed so by the time you check on them they are back in the bed?

This notion was considered alright.
    But allot of the times when we would be listening to the 'footsteps', we could hear them going along the hall from the kids room towards the bathroom, which is further away from the kids bedroom. I would jump out of bed and find nothing, and the kids would be fast asleep.

We have floor boards under the carpet upstairs, so we could actually hear the creak in the usual places as well as the carpet shuffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

ah right just a though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

alibabba wrote: »
    This notion was considered alright.
    But allot of the times when we would be listening to the 'footsteps', we could hear them going along the hall from the kids room towards the bathroom, which is further away from the kids bedroom. I would jump out of bed and find nothing, and the kids would be fast asleep.

We have floor boards under the carpet upstairs, so we could actually hear the creak in the usual places as well as the carpet shuffling.
    no offence meant but is it possible one of the kids is playing a prank, rushing back to bed pretending to be asleep?
    we could hear them going along the hall from the kids room towards the bathroom, which is further away from the kids bedroom
    could you draw/upload a simple illustration of the location of your room in relation to the children's room and bathroom

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Why don't you put a camera trap back on without anyone knowing about it. I mean especially the kids.

Anyway you are supposed to put your brain advice first in such stances.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Did you discuss taking out the camera out loud in the house with your wife or anyone?

Advertisement