Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get 3G/data on HTC Wildfire S

• 24-06-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭

I have a HTC Wildfire S that I bought in Australia a couple of years ago. It is unlocked and I have recently put in my Vodafone pay as you go sim but I can't get any 3G or data to work on it. Spent a couple of hours on to Vodafone today, updated the phones software, gone through the APN settings several times and went through lots of trouble shooting but in the end I was told there must be some setting on the phone that stops it receiving 3G on the Vodafone network and they can't do anything else to help.

If I put the Vodafone sim in a different phone 3G and data all works fine. If I put a different sim in the HTC it works fine. Since unlocking it from the Australian network I have used it with O2 UK and MTN in Ghana and the G3/data worked fine on both. Another funny think is that there is no letter next to the signal bars, no G or H, just the signal bars.

So can anyone help? I'm stumped and Vodafone seems to be stumped too so any help appreciated.

Advertisement