Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Definition of a shít result.

I made the trip up to UCD . Terrible performance and 3-1 flatters us. It really could have finished 7-1 to UCD. They were very good last night.

Contrast to this City were just awful. We gave possession away far too cheaply and we were all over the place defending set pieces. .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A win on Monday is an absolute must, before we take on 'them' in the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

A win against Drogheda? No chance that'll happen. They'll beat us 2-0 comfortably. We're in for a hammering against Rovers.

At least on Monday, UCD play Sligo and Dundalk play Pats, so while we won't win, they hopefully won't either. UCD play both Bray and Dundalk soon after, so there'll be point dropped at the bottom, which we can hopefully capitalise on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My buddy is going to the cup game next Friday in Dublin,anyone else going?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Would love to but going up on Sunday to follow the footballers so the missus wouldn't be too keen on me going missing twice in 3 days, also being in Dublin twice in 3 days - no thank you;)

• Advertisement

I am and I cannot wait for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Oh tonight will be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Oh tonight will be fun

And I was right!! What a game that was. Finished 3-2 to a 10 man City. McNulty got sent off in a very harsh (to me anyways) penalty decision. McNally went off with an apparant broken leg (looked very serious but hope he hasn't broken it) so we had to endure 9 mins off injury time with 10 men but we came out with the win

What a Fúcking win !!

A badly needed win at that.

What a result! Best of the season by a long shot! We're looking safe from the drop, with a massive Cup game on Friday. Great to send those awful six toed cheats home empty handed, ending their title challenge. Hoepfully now they'll have Europe taken away from them.
    And I was right!! What a game that was. Finished 3-2 to a 10 man City. McNulty got sent off in a very harsh (to me anyways) penalty decision. McNally went off with an apparant broken leg (looked very serious but hope he hasn't broken it) so we had to endure 9 mins off injury time with 10 men but we came out with the win

He f*ckin' deserved it. He went in with a two footed tackle and tried to do Duggan. But for him being stretchered off and/or us scoring from the advantage, he'd have been sent off. Typical of that awful, cynical team - can't play football, so just dive and foul.
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    What a Fúcking win !!

A badly needed win at that.

Negotiate with the missus and get yourself to Tallaght on Friday!

• Advertisement

Crap game to lose tonight. We really had a few fine chances to take the lead, had we done that I think we could have held out for a win or a draw at worst, a real pity.

Daryl, Daryl, Daryl - how did you manage to miss from six yards out? :(

It would have made little difference, but as for the ref not being able to spot a cross striking an outstretched arm inside the box from only a few yards away...

The defeat in the cup has more or less ended our season.

This season there has been late concessions and poor defensive errors on an almost regular basis. We have been unable to convert a lot of good goalscoring chances . Like if Daryl scored that chance on Friday night then I think there could have been a totally difference outcome .

I think the time to judge Tommy and the players will be next season. This season was only about securing our status as a premier division club. The mistakes being made won't be tolerated by many City fans next season.

The remaining games of the season should be used to try and cut this mistakes to a minimum as we really should be trying to make progress from this season in 2013.

Hope we can end their very slim title chances on Friday night.

Friday night down the X.....and 'they' are coming to town.....bring it on. Expecting a big crowd and I'll be there to 'welcome' the visitors.
    Cannot wait.

A bit of revenge would be nice. We already put an end to Drogs title challenge, let's do likewise for Rovers.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    A bit of revenge would be nice. We already put an end to Drogs title challenge, let's do likewise for Rovers.

Would go a long way to make up what happened last week.

We have a lot of players out of this one for us.

Went 1 up after 3 mins, Horgan - again - had a great chance to make it 2-0, missed but worse was to follow. We got 1 on 1 with the keeper, shot more or less straight at him, rebound came out and the goal was gaping....fúckin gaping and we still contrived to miss it !! That's as bad a miss as I've seen in a long time. Minutes later they equalize and outplayed us totally in the second half.

Keigan f*cking Parker.

What a miss, what a miss . Parker was impressive in the first half other than that though, he made a brilliant pass down the line at one point. Possibly his best game in a City jersey, but sadly he will probably be a judged on how many goals he gets for us.

No complaints about the result, Rovers were the better team overall. Was disappointed that we were so poor in the 2nd half. First half we could have gone 3 up before Rovers got their goal to level it.

sheao wrote: »
    What a miss, what a miss . Parker was impressive in the first half other than that though, he made a brilliant pass down the line at one point. Possibly his best game in a City jersey, but sadly he will probably be a judged on how many goals he gets for us.

Of course he will, he's a striker. We signed him to score goals first and foremost. If he can't do that (and his goals per game ratio suggests that he can't) then he has no business playing for us. However, if he's able to play like he did prior to his miss on Friday, then he might be able to improve that ratio.
    No complaints about the result, Rovers were the better team overall. Was disappointed that we were so poor in the 2nd half. First half we could have gone 3 up before Rovers got their goal to level it.

It was the same story up in Tallaght - we miss a sitter, only for Rovers to score down the other end shortly afterwards.

• Advertisement

Of course he will, he's a striker. We signed him to score goals first and foremost. If he can't do that (and his goals per game ratio suggests that he can't) then he has no business playing for us. However, if he's able to play like he did prior to his miss on Friday, then he might be able to improve that ratio.

It was the same story up in Tallaght - we miss a sitter, only for Rovers to score down the other end shortly afterwards.

Not many more games this season for him to prove himself on the goalscoring front. I think we should sign him up for the 2013 season.
    He took his goal well against UCD a few weeks ago and there is a video of him scoring at Wembly for Blackpool in the League One playoff final a few years ago.

Yeah both were what if moments and both games could have had a totally different outcome had those two key chances not have been missed.

Not many more games this season for him to prove himself on the goalscoring front. I think we should sign him up for the 2013 season.

Seven games, of which five are against teams in and around us. Plenty of time to prove himself. If he's good enough to warrant a contract for 2013, he'll start all of those matches, and score a few goals.

At the moment, he's started four matches and come on as a sub in one. He has one goal and one red card. He's certainly not deserving of a contract just yet.
    He took his goal well against UCD a few weeks ago and there is a video of him scoring at Wembly for Blackpool in the League One playoff final a few years ago.
    It was a fantastic finish against UCD, but he needs to be putting the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis if he wants to keep playing for us. Look up his games versus his goals scored - he scores about once every five games. Over a thirty game league season, that's six goals, which is a lot less than we need. Counting the 6-0 v Monaghan, Dav and Vinny have better scoring records than that and Daryl's is about the same. Of course, I hope Parker proves me wrong and scores in the last seven matches.
    Yeah both were what if moments and both games could have had a totally different outcome had those two key chances not have been missed.
    Sums up our season, really.

I think it is a joke that the FAI wont allow our game next Monday to be moved to the following Friday. Would make a lot more sense to have the game then for all concerned.

Seven games, of which five are against teams in and around us. Plenty of time to prove himself. If he's good enough to warrant a contract for 2013, he'll start all of those matches, and score a few goals.

At the moment, he's started four matches and come on as a sub in one. He has one goal and one red card. He's certainly not deserving of a contract just yet.

It was a fantastic finish against UCD, but he needs to be putting the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis if he wants to keep playing for us. Look up his games versus his goals scored - he scores about once every five games. Over a thirty game league season, that's six goals, which is a lot less than we need. Counting the 6-0 v Monaghan, Dav and Vinny have better scoring records than that and Daryl's is about the same. Of course, I hope Parker proves me wrong and scores in the last seven matches.

Sums up our season, really.

Parker is a player who has quality but I dont think we have seen it enough yet. When you mention it, I think these games are important for him as they could determine weather he is back next year or not.

Yeah it really does. Hopefully we'll be tougher to beat next year and not open to concede after getting a goal ourselves.

I think it is a joke that the FAI wont allow our game next Monday to be moved to the following Friday. Would make a lot more sense to have the game then for all concerned.

You'd seriously think that it's malice on their part, rather than plain incompetence.

Parker is a player who has quality but I dont think we have seen it enough yet. When you mention it, I think these games are important for him as they could determine weather he is back next year or not.

If he manages to start 4 or 5 of the remaining games, and play some part in the rest, I think we'll have a good idea if he's good enough or not. If he doesn't get that much games time, it'd suggest the he didn't impress Tommy in training.
    Yeah it really does. Hopefully we'll be tougher to beat next year and not open to concede after getting a goal ourselves.

With a more settled back five, we should be. The constant chopping and changing of the centre halves, as well as the injury to Dunleavy hasn't helped us there.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Any of ye heading to Derry?

Afraid not.

Great result tonight. Moves us up to 6th, only two points behind Derry. The top five will all qualify for the Setanta Cup. Depending on who wins the FAI Cup, 6th place might qualify, too.

Stunning win! Brandywell has always been a bit of a happy hunting ground.

• Advertisement

City won 2-0 tonight - UPTO 5th IN THE LEAGUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement