Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Manual League Season 3 - General banter thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Actually, scratch that, might not be! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Just played a quality game against Dhussey Everton there now. Type of game which proves manual is the only way to play fifa. Took an early lead through a quality curler from Inler outside the box and shortly after that Cavani caught out the onrushing Howard on the counter to make it 2-0. Not gonna lie, thought I was gonna cruise it.. Not a chance...

Saha waltzed past my defence (was shocking throughout) and finishes a neat finish to make it 2-1. Still I kept to my plan and tried to keep on passing and moving until my tendency to overplay it... Everton nick it off me, Saha through 1v1 on De Sanctis but with Napoli defence desperately tryin to pressurise him... Didnt matter, he kept the head and calmly put it home... 2-2 at ht.

Role reversed early on in the 2nd with Dhussey continuin on where the 1st ended. This time Cahill:confused: decided to have a go at my creaking defence and buried an early shot catching De Sanctis out on his front post. Looked like a major collapse but theres too much class in the Napoli forward line and not long after Cavani again catches out the over eager Howard, chipping him off his line to make it 3-3! Nerves from both teams now especially in my defence and again they **** up allowing Everton late on to jinx into the penalty box with Cannavaro bringing down Cahill... penalty!:mad::(:D Super save from the keeper but the ball comes back to Baines with an open goal a yard out... game over now... he misses it!:pac: And thats how it ended up..

Long winded ramble but twas the best game Ive played in so far this fifa with both teams scoring some class goals. gg

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Anyone want a game while I'm on?

Meh.. after two draws in a row, I got my first lost against Santos last night. Hard to believe I didnt get anything from it after having 60-40% passing for most and having most of the shots but at the end of the day ya have to take your chances.. Will be a bit of a challenge this year now:pac:

Fair play to everyone for getting to the minimum number of games, so there will be no pt deductions. Everything updated and looks like theres a runaway leader in the championship already. 13 goals scored 0 conceded:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Just played a quality game against Dhussey Everton there now. Type of game which proves manual is the only way to play fifa. Took an early lead through a quality curler from Inler outside the box and shortly after that Cavani caught out the onrushing Howard on the counter to make it 2-0. Not gonna lie, thought I was gonna cruise it.. Not a chance...

Saha waltzed past my defence (was shocking throughout) and finishes a neat finish to make it 2-1. Still I kept to my plan and tried to keep on passing and moving until my tendency to overplay it... Everton nick it off me, Saha through 1v1 on De Sanctis but with Napoli defence desperately tryin to pressurise him... Didnt matter, he kept the head and calmly put it home... 2-2 at ht.

Role reversed early on in the 2nd with Dhussey continuin on where the 1st ended. This time Cahill:confused: decided to have a go at my creaking defence and buried an early shot catching De Sanctis out on his front post. Looked like a major collapse but theres too much class in the Napoli forward line and not long after Cavani again catches out the over eager Howard, chipping him off his line to make it 3-3! Nerves from both teams now especially in my defence and again they **** up allowing Everton late on to jinx into the penalty box with Cannavaro bringing down Cahill... penalty!:mad::(:D Super save from the keeper but the ball comes back to Baines with an open goal a yard out... game over now... he misses it!:pac: And thats how it ended up..

Long winded ramble but twas the best game Ive played in so far this fifa with both teams scoring some class goals. gg

Haha for the rebound on the penalty just did what I would do normally and aimed it in the left bottom corner except it was manual....... Great game.

Heads up, Zenit won't be around for the next 2 weeks, except maybe for a bit next Sunday/Monday, as I won't be at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

ill be on tonight around 9ish if any of my opponents are on.

Villa in the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Equium

alanc2003 wrote: »
    ill be on tonight around 9ish if any of my opponents are on.

Villa in the championship

I probably will be on at that time too (Juventus).

Final gameweek fixtures up!

League will finish on Sunday 4th December. All outstanding games after that will be forfeited..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

i can play anytime tonight if either athletico or juve are around, give us a shout!

Töpher wrote: »
    Heads up, Zenit won't be around for the next 2 weeks, except maybe for a bit next Sunday/Monday, as I won't be at home.

I'll be about for an hour or so now, dying of exhaustion and haven't played in a while - easy 3 points if anyone needs to play me! :o

m.j.w wrote: »
    i can play anytime tonight if either athletico or juve are around, give us a shout!

I'll be on tonight too if Napoli, Villa or Hamburg are available.

Anyone I need to play around? If you reply here I'll turn on the PS3

Equium wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight too if Napoli, Villa or Hamburg are available.

Will u be on tonight?

alanc2003 wrote: »
    Will u be on tonight?

I might be on after 10 if that's ok?

Equium wrote: »
    I might be on after 10 if that's ok?

yep no bother ill get on for then

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I have to play both of you lads too to finish up the season(Villa/Juve).

I'll be on from after 9pm, if I'm on MW3 just send me a message and I'll hop on for our game.

Intriguing game in the Championship between HSV and Juve. Oatesy's men took the lead early on after a jinking run from Petric, who left Chiellini in his wake before slotting home confidently. A tentative affair ensued as both sets of players seemed happier to pass to the opposition than to their own teammates. Chances were few and far between.

Drama unfolded, however, in the final 10 minutes as super-sub Iaquinta rose to nod in a long corner. It was a cruel blow to Hamburg, who had deserved their lead. Nevertheless I sniffed blood and poured men forward in seek of an unlikely winner. In the end this almost turned out to be fatal... That man Petric was in the thick of things again, this time collapsing in the box and winning a penalty. I swear I could see the Croat wink at the ref as I, and probably Oatsey too, watched with bemusement at the decision! Hearts were in mouths as he stepped up, only to screw the ball high and wide.

With that the final whistle went. A good clean game which illustrated just how tense, yet entertaining using manual controls can be. The outcome probably won't suit either of us, but it was fun all the same. Good game mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Sorry I didn't get on last night, but around now for a bit before I have to go to work if any one's around that I need to play.

• Advertisement

Bleurgh another loss! Title out of my hands now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

anyone want to add me?

psn: brensince1984

anyone want to add me?

psn: brensince1984

League is nearly finished so ya cant take part in this seasons league but come back for the next season sign up!

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Final gameweek fixtures up!

League will finish on Sunday 4th December. All outstanding games after that will be forfeited..

Just bumping this as the league will finish up this Sunday so try and get yer games played! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'll be around tonight if anyone is and we can get our games played. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Cookie_Stains will you be around anytime this week to play our matches

I'm back from my few weeks off, should hopefully be about some evenings this week (and rusty!). :)

cookie stains, will u be on tonight? We have 2 games to play

cookie stains, im away from 2mrw so its my last chance to play you. will you be on tonight?

• Advertisement

Right lads, need to get all these games played, had a heavy few weeks in college there.

Everton x2
    Lille
    Zenit
    Liverpool

Advertisement