Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Texas Hold Em, what's your favourite hand?

Options
  • 17-07-2011 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

I always seem to do well with QQ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

J, 10 suited.

I can't stand J,J and don't even get me started on Aces!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

MrStuffins wrote: »
    J, 10 suited.

I can't stand J,J and don't even get me started on Aces!
    I'm also slightly retarded and don't like the 4th best starting hand, my fav hand has to be 23s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

I always seem to do well with QQ...

x2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

I always get screwed with the pocket ladies, nothing but hassle for me.

K,9 & A,9 & J,10 suited always seems to do well for me so that'd be up there.

I hate when some gob**** beats me with k 4 or something then go on to tell me its their favourite hand and they couldn't lay it down, (I went all in ye muppet pre-flop with A K (for eg)) and then they go on to spike two 4's on the turn and river. I do love the game tho :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭eamonhonda

AA, its the best starting hand mathematically, I'm not gonna argue with the maths

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

7 8 of hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

3 & 5 with winning 3 on the river :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Funny to see what's become of boards.ie poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

zuutroy wrote: »
    Funny to see what's become of boards.ie poker.

Yeah I have it in my subscribed forum list, check what the latest thread is every now and again - good for lols usually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I always play 8-10 suited. Hence username.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

Overraising with 27 then showing after everyone folds. Then shoving aces next hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

if theres a hand you want to see more than aces preflop then you need to stop playing poker...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

8-10 wrote: »

Fancy a Heads Up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭mg1

gotta be A K for me!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

4 7 spuds,always the nutz:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Quite like A2 A3 suited as when you hit that straight, very few see it coming. Find pocket Kings or pocket 10s are the best pocket cards for me, lot of time when people have aces they seem to think they are unbeatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SligeachBoi

10-4

Because I can say "Good buddy" afterwards, I never get to say that in real life.

I have no friends :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

My right hand. Always tend to have a better **** with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Have to agree here is my fav hand and prob good to make a lot of money from
    Think reason I like it is its disguised and easy to get away from whereas JJ and AK and co the proper play is to jam it if short and most people seem remember getting knocked out of tournamnets with them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

10-4

Because I can say "Good buddy" afterwards, I never get to say that in real life.

I have no friends :(

Heres an even better reason to love 10-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

<3 T8s. Best hand evar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

I kinda hate when I get pocket aces. I know the maths but they've been so unlucky for me over time. I don't know how many hands and how much money I've lost with them. It's the one hand I can never put down, no matter what signals/vibes I'm getting from opponents. I'm trapped by the Maths! :mad::(

So my fave hand is pocket kings. I also really like something like 78 suited. You can make a killing on that with a bit of luck, often for a cheap buy in, because people don't usually see that coming

Advertisement