Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neteller in Ireland

• 08-02-2009 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey guys , I figure these boards are the best to ask this question.
    I just recently got my neteller acct upgraded and ordered one of them neteller plus cards.
    Can someone confirm that they actually work with Irish ATMs?
    It says they do but would rather have it confirmed before i move some K around.

Thanks in advance.
    0zone0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

They do

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

They do

oh really? so do some irish pros just use their Netteller account like a current account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 0zone0

Tight Ted wrote: »
    oh really? so do some irish pros just use their Netteller account like a current account?

I plan on this. €4 fee for atm transactions but i'ma use it for point of sale purchases.
    This would work like a normal laser card correct?

0zone0 wrote: »
    I plan on this. €4 fee for atm transactions but i'ma use it for point of sale purchases.
    This would work like a normal credit/debit card correct?

Surely there's a high transaction fee for point of sale purchases aswell?

Tight Ted wrote: »
    Surely there's a high transaction fee for point of sale purchases aswell?
    GBP USD EUR CAD
    Point of Sale (POS) single purchase free free free free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Its 0 for POS transactions. And i'm not sure on ATM. Prob about 4 like 0zone0 said.

AFAIK alot of players here use it. I use it for online only. I do a bank transfer for big withdrawls.

Cool. I might set up an account and just use it to buy booze/clothes/games and other fun stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭rrtt

i got the card during the week . not sure if i will use it.
    Here are some other fees (in euro) :

foreign exchange 2.95%
    dormancy fee 2
    card/pin replacement 15
    Investigation fee 15
    subject access request 15
    card cancellation 15

I dont like the dormancy fee . Its 2 euro if you dont use your card in any give month.

rrtt wrote: »
    i got the card during the week . not sure if i will use it.
    Here are some other fees (in euro) :

foreign exchange 2.95%
    dormancy fee 2
    card/pin replacement 15
    Investigation fee 15
    subject access request 15
    card cancellation 15

I dont like the dormancy fee . Its 2 euro if you dont use your card in any give month.

Whats the ETA on them cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

Fast enough, I think I was waiting about a week/ week and a half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

3/4 days for the card, another 3/4 days then to get the pin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

This thread has be done and dusted for a while but I was wondering if anyone would know about the transferring process to a bank account?

On my Neteller account there seems to only be the option to receive a cheque of the amount of funds you want to transfer - which incurs a huge transaction fee of 7.50.

Would I have to get in contact with customer service to upgrade my account to utilise the ordinary transferring of funds to my bank account?
    It works fine when I'm transferring from my AIB account.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

sounds like you may have to verify your account. fyi, bank transfers also cost 7.50 as i found out. i recently opened a moneybookers account where bank transfers are only 1.80. just a tip

Advertisement