Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

I must say, being asked "What do you want now" when I requested a cup of tea without paint floating around in it when flying out of Cork last weekend was a lovely touch. Good to see that an airline that shall remain nameless have their full cranky ould biddy quota fulfilled :rolleyes:.

No prizes for guessing which airline i assume :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

roundymac wrote: »
    Put in a complaint, these auld biddys don't own the airline, also your helping to pay their wages.

Already done, believe me. Pay €2.50 for them to pour some water in a cup, the least they can do is make sure the label and teabag are in their respective places in relation to the cup. I don't normally fly with this particular airline but when I do I'm normally disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

thomil wrote: »
    I can see the route itself attracting a decent amount of passengers, it's the underlying business plan that worries me. From all that I've seen, they plan to use the aircraft for just one route, which would mean a poor aircraft utilisation. These things only make money when in the air, what will the aircraft do when not operating ORK-DUB? It could potentially work if they start a route to Belfast at the same time, but I just don't see the numbers adding up for this one.

When the Ryanair flew the route, I never used any other means of transportation between the two cities. Bear in mind that, at the time, the coach(es) used to stop in every field with a shed on it and took nearly 5 hours for the journey; The train, 3 hours 15 minutes. You could arrive at the airport in Cork 30 minutes before the flight if you had checked in online, and 1 hour in Dublin (separate security queue for internal flights). All in all it took less than 2 hours - and you didn't have to sit still, cramped and rubbing shoulders with a stranger for 3+ hours.

Of course FR flew their ordinary 738s Cork-Dublin, and I have to say I nearly always found it to be a full flight. Most of the passengers, judging from overheard conversation and the fact they'd be waiting the 16/747 into the city with me, were having a day trip do Dublin rather than connect to other flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭thomil

And yet another new route - Twice a week to Madrid with Iberia Express.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/summer-route-between-cork-and-madrid-announced-by-iberia-express/1302871/

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Fantastic news, I know it's only a summer route but it's great to have it back. I think it was 2006 when we last had Madrid out of Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

threw a quick search for flights in july (I know some will say its too hot then) fly out wed back sat not too badly priced.
    should be a demand esp with all the Spanish students coming here in the summer and Madrid can be used as a connection for those going on trips to mexico, south America etc. could be potential to expand the duration of the service ie May to October or year round

now if they could only sort a few german/rome/Lisbon flights

My only problem is the seating. With EI an A320 carries 174 pax. With IE is going to have 180 some of which are going to be premium seats, going to be kinda tight. I'm not called "Roundy" for nothing you know.:o

My only problem is the seating. With EI an A320 carries 174 pax. With IE is going to have 180 some of which are going to be premium seats, going to be kinda tight. I'm not called "Roundy" for nothing you know.:o

Roundy this is not the aviation forum, folks will be confused with all those EI, pax and IE talk.

EI = Aer Lingus, Pax = passengers, IE = Iberia Express. And for those who hav'nt guessed Roundy = fat.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

EI = Aer Lingus, Pax = passengers, IE = Iberia Express. And for those who hav'nt guessed Roundy = fat.:D

But, but there is no x in passengers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

FrStone wrote: »

But men have nipples!

FrStone wrote: »

It is aviation speak for passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

All morning and early afternoon stobart services have been cancelled yesterday and today due to winds at Cork.

I am sure they would have operated if runway 25 was available, do you have any idea when it will be open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

kub wrote: »
    I am sure they would have operated if runway 25 was available, do you have any idea when it will be open again?

Some time in early/mid december afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

A1563/15 - RWY 07/25 CLOSED. REF AIP SUPPLEMENT 13/15. 02 NOV 11:00 2015 UNTIL 11 DEC 18:00
    2015. CREATED: 29 OCT 15:22 2015

11 Dec at 1800 :)

anyone else find that even with the new city jet seats to London the price of flights to London still haven't come down in price.

on a side note the airports twitter page says two new routes to be announced tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Tedddy

Southampton and Leeds/Bradford from summer 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tedddy wrote: »
    Southampton and Leeds/Bradford from summer 2016.

Any idea on frequency of Leeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

What airline??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Mushy wrote: »
    Any idea on frequency of Leeds?

Aer Lingus Regional, three times weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Andip wrote: »
    Aer Lingus Regional, three times weekly

Cheers, hoping for Saturday return flights, be handy to take in a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

was reading somewhere that the cityjet London City route has had pretty poor loads. Shame really.

was reading somewhere that the cityjet London City route has had pretty poor loads. Shame really.

well they aint cheap for dates I checked for a trip over. was hoping with competition prices would come down for trips to london

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

well they aint cheap for dates I checked for a trip over. was hoping with competition prices would come down for trips to london

The higher prices offset the extortionate rail prices from Stansted for e.g though

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

The higher prices offset the extortionate rail prices from Stansted for e.g though

If you book in advance the price can be ok.

I use terravision most of the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Still no sign of Mick O'Leary bringing back the Nottingham East Midlands route. I'm lost without it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

A lot of people don't think of things like that though. They see the price of the ticket and go only on that. They never bother to think of the extras and time spent making that "saving".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

grenache wrote: »
    Still no sign of Mick O'Leary bringing back the Nottingham East Midlands route. I'm lost without it :(

Sure.. He might come back now that he see Stobart taking all the glory at Cork!!!

Might do Southampton and Leeds

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    That's been tried so many times and never worked. Last time IIRC FR pulled it before it even started.

Advertisement