Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway car mechanic needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

whitelightrider,

that mechanic I recommended does a free collect and return service as far as I know. He's only a 15 minute drive from ballybrit.

Might be worth giving him a shout. Tell him Martin sent you.

Definitely worth a phone call!!! Thanks Martin.

Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcbrowne1

Do you have the number for the mechanic?.

Check your pms

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i had a guy working for me as a chef awhile back there. he has just opened his own garage in liosbaun ind est. he is charging cheaper than anyone around as far as i can see. my missus' polo passes the nct first time round after leaving it in with him. he charges €50/€70 for the service petrol diesel and even came to pick up the car at my house. also i had to get new brake pads and discs for the polo. the total bill for the service and pads/discs/labour was €200. more important, my missus is delighted with the car and says its running A1.
    from my own experience with other garages i reckon you could slap another €100 or so on to the bill. but this guy is doing it all for cheaper, mainly because he just wants to get the business in through the door and also put himself on the map.
    his garage is called 'sebo garage' and if you want contact details pm me. highly recommended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

i had a guy working for me as a chef awhile back there. he has just opened his own garage in liosbaun ind est. he is charging cheaper than anyone around as far as i can see. my missus' polo passes the nct first time round after leaving it in with him. he charges €50/€70 for the service petrol diesel and even came to pick up the car at my house. also i had to get new brake pads and discs for the polo. the total bill for the service and pads/discs/labour was €200. more important, my missus is delighted with the car and says its running A1.
    from my own experience with other garages i reckon you could slap another €100 or so on to the bill. but this guy is doing it all for cheaper, mainly because he just wants to get the business in through the door and also put himself on the map.
    his garage is called 'sebo garage' and if you want contact details pm me. highly recommended

You sound a bit dodgy with your 6 posts...Are you sure you're not promoting your own business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

You sound a bit dodgy with your 6 posts...Are you sure you're not promoting your own business

Correct me here if Im wrong, but (forget about labour) correct replacement motor oil and new filters for ANY car will cost at least 40-50 euro?

SO a quote of 50 quid for a service sounds a bit daft

i know the guy and i got a very good price off him. he told me thats what he charges everybody. i work in the pub/restaurant business and he worked for me last year as a chef. he is determined to get his business off the ground in galway so he is doing everything cheaper than any other garage. i dont know much about cars and i feel like i have seen half of them here in galway over the last 15 years. i used to go to a guy in barna who is excellent but very pricey. apart from him i have found the whole experience of dealing with mechanics to be very frustrating.
    anyway if you want to try this guy out pm me and i'll send on the details.

alibabba wrote: »
    Correct me here if Im wrong, but (forget about labour) correct replacement motor oil and new filters for ANY car will cost at least 40-50 euro?

SO a quote of 50 quid for a service sounds a bit daft

i paid 50 quid and he said he will do that for any car. i dont even know what a service would entail. i just thought it was a good price and worth passing on the info

i paid 50 quid and he said he will do that for any car. i dont even know what a service would entail. i just thought it was a good price and worth passing on the info

OK .... I'll collect your car, leave it outside my garage for a few hours, drive it back to you and charge you 50 euro for the parking fee.
    Sounds like a bargain alright.

• Advertisement

OK .... I'll collect your car, leave it outside my garage for a few hours, drive it back to you and charge you 50 euro for the parking fee.
    Sounds like a bargain alright.

hey its up to you. thread just asks for advice on good garages to go to. this guy has just started. he's from the czech republic. i think he is worth checking out. if you want to be negative about it and make presumptions about how he operates his service then thats up to you. of course you could check it out for yourself. im sure you'll be pleasantly surprised

hey its up to you. thread just asks for advice on good garages to go to. this guy has just started. he's from the czech republic. i think he is worth checking out. if you want to be negative about it and make presumptions about how he operates his service then thats up to you. of course you could check it out for yourself. im sure you'll be pleasantly surprised

I did a quick look on micksgarage.ie

The cheapest of the cheapest Motor Oil I can find for my car is €55.
    Oil Filter €6, Plugs €5

Total €66

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Last time I bought oil for the GFs car I got the cheapest possible (it's an old Micra) - 27 euro I think from Aldi.

I did a quick look on micksgarage.ie

The cheapest of the cheapest Motor Oil I can find for my car is €55.
    Oil Filter €6, Plugs €5

Total €66

its up to you if you want to give yer man a shot.....i pm'd you on all his details

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

hi

anyone know any where good in galway city that i can get a licence plate fixed. have nct coming up this weekend and need to get it fixed for that

cheers
    arrian

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What's the issue? Is it loose? Or flaking?
    Merged with big Mechanics thread, plenty of good mechs mentioned here.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

hi

anyone know any where good in galway city that i can get a licence plate fixed. have nct coming up this weekend and need to get it fixed for that

cheers
    arrian

Get a new on in calbro it will cost you about €10 thin stick it on with 2 self tapers

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

its starting to come off a bit at one end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

eagle10 wrote: »
    Get a new on in calbro it will cost you about €10 thin stick it on with 2 self tapers

Ditto, just give the calbro lads your plate number and they cut a new one for you in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Can anyone recommend a mobile mechanic?

Need to get my car back on the road, its due a service but hasnt been used for about 4 months and now the brakes have seized up.

thanks

• Advertisement

not sure if he is a mobile mechanic but he did come and collect my car for me and drop it back. and he works late too which might help

ring macek(pronounced matzik) <snip>. he is based in liosbaun

My mechanic does a lot of off-site work.

His name is Brendan and his number is <snip>

Excellent mechanic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Please don't post phone numbers or email addresses in the thread. If people want to PM the posters in question for the number then that is fine.

/moderation.

tried pm'ing but wasn't able to cos i had only posted 23 times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 seanmcfoto

My Almera failed the NCT for rust on the left rear panel under the passenger door. The tester said both sides would need a plate welded on to pass.

Any recommendations around east city area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Grand.. I'll ring Monday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

Looking for same thing (rust hole size of fist apparently!), will try Byrne's but wondering is there anyone between here and Headford or north of the city. thanks for any info

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Is there any place around town that will look at the wheel of my car, i think a bearing is giving up.

• Advertisement

Have to say that Byrnes did a great job. The NCT guy was even asking where I got it done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement