Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cycle Galway to Ennis?

• 28-05-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi!

Has anyone ever cycled from Galway to Ennis? I am hoping to do it this Saturday but am wary as i will be pedalling solo and I'm not sure how dangerous the route may be... any tips would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yep. It's roughly about a 3-4 hour cycle at a steady but not fast pace. There's a bunch of different routes you can take that will make it anywhere between 60 and 85km. Have a play around with routes here - the initial one linked is the one I've done before and is relatively quiet on the N67 as most major traffic takes the N/M18 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 anirbas

Thanks Trogan - I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. The route I was planning on taking was the 67.5km route so hopefully I won't meet too many potholes along the way! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Immmediately north of Clarinbridge is the only section from Glaway to Gort with no hard shoulder on the N18.
    South of Gort, there should be much less traffic, as there is Motorway from Gort to Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Was along part of this route last week - Kinvarra to Galway.

Galway - Oranmore is quite but their is more traffic along the N18 from Oranmore to Kilcolgan however there is a hard-shoulder most of the way. Some road works at one of the roundabouts just outside Oranmore but only for a short stretch.

The N67 will have traffic as it is a popular tourist route into Clare but it has a hard-shoulder most of the way to/from Kinvarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

anirbas wrote: »
    Hi!

Has anyone ever cycled from Galway to Ennis? I am hoping to do it this Saturday but am wary as i will be pedalling solo and I'm not sure how dangerous the route may be... any tips would be much appreciated!

Route is fine. I've gone to Limerick a few times and as long as you have your wits about you going Kilcolgan to Ardrahan the route is fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement