Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help with this dress please

• 22-03-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

:)http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/women/going-out/9/1

I bought this dress for a family event in May. The event is during the day. I am notsure what kind wear with it. I rarely wear dress or navy so I am a bit clueless as to what to wear with it.

Any suggestion would be welcome.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I forgot to say that I have pink glitter style court shoes that I got in Debenhams at Christmas. They are very pale almost nude pink shoes with a small bit of glitter at the heel and toe.

They are similar with the below shoes but not as chunky and the front is less round:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazing-Topshop-Pink-Heels-with-Glitter-Size-5-/300879263789?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item460dcd382d

Thanks again for any suggestions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You could wear a pale pink bolero or cardigan.

Or you could keep it simple and wear just gold bangles and earrings, along with your shoes and tie your hair up.

Pale pink goes well with navy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭ Pedro Shapely Sepia

I'd be aiming for silver with this...assuming the family event is fairly dressy?
    I wouldn't put pink with it, or red or anything. Perhaps if the dress was shorter then maybe.
    I'd go pewter in colour if you wanted to have it less-bling than with silver!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Miaireland wrote: »
    :)http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/women/going-out/9/1

I bought this dress for a family event in May. The event is during the day. I am notsure what kind wear with it. I rarely wear dress or navy so I am a bit clueless as to what to wear with it.

Any suggestion would be welcome.:)
    I bought the same dress but am waiting for it to arrive as I needed the petite size - I will wear a pale shawl/cardigan with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 starmix08

Lovely dress. I think nude shoes and gold bangles/jewellery are your best bet here. Wouldnt be mad on the pink glittery shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 shortie111

Agree with other posters that a bit of gold jewelry would do the trick, esp to match with the gold on the shoes :) Fab dress!

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I bought the same dress but am waiting for it to arrive as I needed the petite size - I will wear a pale shawl/cardigan with it.
    For people who were interested in the petite size - I got it ove the weekend - it is lovely -I am 5ft 1in and it hits the floor for me but I will be wearing it with a white cardigan and pale sandals.

Thanks for that Cathy. I am still waiting on mine. I am 5 foot 7 so hopfully it will not too be long. Enjoy whatever event you are wearing it for.:)

Miaireland wrote: »
    Thanks for that Cathy. I am still waiting on mine. I am 5 foot 7 so hopfully it will not too be long. Enjoy whatever event you are wearing it for.:)
    Am wearing it in the end with a black lacy cardigan and black tight and sandals (bear in mind how cold it is).

Mine arrive and I am delighted it with. I am thinking of going with gold shoes as I feel the dress needs a bit of a lift.

• Advertisement
Advertisement