Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bones in back garden

• 22-08-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Ok, so I have been digging out my back garden to build the foundation for a shed. Only roughly a foot down I have comes across some bones! Don't know what they are from, am guessing previous owners pet, but some of them are big enough to make me curious!

Can anyone tell me who should I contact to have a look at these bones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is there a skull? Should give it away relatively quickly as to the nature of the bones. If you've any doubt/suspicions, contact your local Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Ring your local Garda station. Explain what you have found and they will advise you from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

As the previous poster said if there's a skull it should be easy enough to tell. If you are still in doubt then you need to call the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vivien

No skull, I was hoping to keep digging and then maybe find a skull but no just a bundle of bones so far! Yes, thinking of ringing the guards, hate the thought of 'what if' and my home turns into an investigation! but it's the right thing to do I guess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

When you say a bundle, like if you put them all in a bag or just dumped them in a hole? got a picture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have a good suspicion it is a pet form a previous owner of the property but you need to be certain

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vivien

Ok, I will follow up with the guards and let you all know what comes out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Shoulda called the gards after the first bone find an they woulda finished the work for ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Miss Mayhem

What happened with the bones?

I've found a few bones in my back garden in the past too. The road where my house is built used to be a graveyard in the late 17th/early 18th Century. It creeps me out every time I find bones out there - I never know if they're left over human bones from the graves or animal bones (land used to be farmland too). I put decking down and paving stones in the back garden so I don't accidentally find any more bones.

Advertisement