Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

re mapping / chipping of a car

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Just to clarify a few bits! chipping and remapping are the same thing, chipping is done to older cars where the memory chip has to be removed to be overwritten. Modern cars can be mapped in place but they both do identical things :cool:

A file is never dated, you can have 14 on the average ecu but obviously this varies from memory to memory but for someone who knows a map is super super easy to spot. I could take your car provided its an ecu i use and tell you if its mapped in about 5 mins, its not untraceable!

when you open an edited file and find a map you will clearly see it shows the original too :) very easy to see this was edited!

greenpeacetuning.jpg

Im being super low tech here but you can see this is an egr file that is modded badly!!!! the changed settings are green and the lilac is where it originally started

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

what happens if you bought the car not knowing it had been re mapped by the previous owner, what would it cost to re map a 01 renault megane 1.9dti?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

rex-x wrote: »
    when you open an edited file and find a map you will clearly see it shows the original too :) very easy to see this was edited!
    http://www.chiptuners.org/forums/download/file.php?id=1249

Blank page, access denied.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

what happens if you bought the car not knowing it had been re mapped by the previous owner, what would it cost to re map a 01 renault megane 1.9dti?
    That statement is so obvious that your planning to remap your car and deny all knowledge of it!!

Blank page, access denied.:)
    sorry, i direct linked it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

rex-x wrote: »
    sorry, i direct linked it

what are the x, y and z axis showing?? The Y numbers look to be RPM but it's for a diesel?

Its only a random map i picked so i cant be sure, but usually x axis is rpm, zaxis is % of accelerator and y is amount of air but axis vary wildly and its up to a tuner to figure out which does what.

Advertisement