Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Soul Sacrifice demo is available through the PS3 PS store.

Trying the demo and carrying over your save data is the ONLY way to get “Spirits’ Heart,” so why not give it a shot if you’re already interested in the game?

Pretty clever, I wasn't pushed massively on this, but I'll def play the demo now to make sure if I decide to get the game I have this. Well played Sony, well played

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

How many vitas can you use your psn profile on? I let my nephew use mine on his vita to get the free games on psn+ but I'm thinking of getting one myself, is it possible to have my profile on 2 vitas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

_oveless_ wrote: »
    How many vitas can you use your psn profile on? I let my nephew use mine on his vita to get the free games on psn+ but I'm thinking of getting one myself, is it possible to have my profile on 2 vitas?
    Maximum Number of Systems
    There is a maximum number of systems that can be activated with one account which differs depending on the content (game or video).

Important: Both the PS Vita and the PSP are defined as a "handheld" device. The number of handheld systems that can be activated per account are:
    For Game Content - Two handheld systems (For example: 2 PSP, or 1 PSP and 1 PS Vita, or 2 PS Vitas)

For Video Content - Three handheld systems

so as long as you don't have your account active on a psp, you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Played the demo for about an hour and a half,

- Presentation is really nice
    - Orchestral music is stunning
    - Graphics are really good
    - Combat is good but takes a while to understand
    - It feels really epic

This is really a game changer for handheld consoles. It just blows everything away. This is gaming of a very high standard that feels like its being released for the PS3 and this is the handheld version. I haven't even played co-op and I'm already in love with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

RedXIV wrote: »
    so as long as you don't have your account active on a psp, you should be fine

Damn I might have activated a psp a while ago, can I deactivate it or am I out of luck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

_oveless_ wrote: »
    Damn I might have activated a psp a while ago, can I deactivate it or am I out of luck?
    Luck is on your side my friend ( lol always wanted to say that ) you can deactivate said device online via https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/pc/login.action

Sign in and go to devices and you should be able to deactivate, might have to deactivate all devices for it to work, had to do it myself couple months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played the demo for about an hour and a half,

- Presentation is really nice
    - Orchestral music is stunning
    - Graphics are really good
    - Combat is good but takes a while to understand
    - It feels really epic

This is really a game changer for handheld consoles. It just blows everything away. This is gaming of a very high standard that feels like its being released for the PS3 and this is the handheld version. I haven't even played co-op and I'm already in love with it.

I am a MH3 junky at the moment and soul sacrifice is Sony's answer to that. So I am really really looking forward to it! Looks like handhelds getting better games then main gaming devices lately... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Looks like handhelds getting better games then main gaming devices lately... :pac:

Naaaaaaah! I wish it would get a few more good ones, infact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm about 4 or 5 quests into Soul Sacrifice demo and so far I'm actually pretty disappointed. Now I haven't unlocked multiplayer yet and it's only 30 or 40 mins worth of gameplay but the game isn't what i expected at all.

It might change, but to the looks of it you just fight enemies in an arena, complete it and then move on to the next arena of enemies.

Anyway, that's just first impressions. I'll play out the rest of the demo before saying whether I'd buy it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have a question about managing Vita games. If you have more games than will fit on the Vita memory card can you keep the excess games stored on your laptop. Then just switch them with other games on the memory card? Or do you have redownload each time from the PSN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I have a question about managing Vita games. If you have more games than will fit on the Vita memory card can you keep the excess games stored on your laptop. Then just switch them with other games on the memory card? Or do you have redownload each time from the PSN?

Using the Content Manager, you can store your games, photos, music and video files on a laptop or a PS3 and swap them over and back as you see fit. Recently they added a wifi connection option so you don't need to use the USB cable on the PC anymore. I think I have about 90GB worth of games [PSVita, PSP and PSOne titles mostly] on my PC at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm about 4 or 5 quests into Soul Sacrifice demo and so far I'm actually pretty disappointed. Now I haven't unlocked multiplayer yet and it's only 30 or 40 mins worth of gameplay but the game isn't what i expected at all.

It might change, but to the looks of it you just fight enemies in an arena, complete it and then move on to the next arena of enemies.

Anyway, that's just first impressions. I'll play out the rest of the demo before saying whether I'd buy it or not.

Totally agree with this.
    First impressions
    > voices - most irritating I have heard in a game now for quite some time.
    > story - feels like something from years ago, reminds me a little of that game based in Doolin with the faeries - but not as good.. :eek:
    > gameplay - reasonable.
    Overall very disappointed, had hoped for something along the lines of Dark Souls, some form of exploration. All it's missing is the "book of spells" that's in use on the PS3.

Personally I will be staying away, will delete it shortly from my memory card and if asked will advise others to avoid. Great example of marketing hyping a game that just cannot carry itself. :(

After putting in a bit more time and playing the multiplayer it has improved but I'm still not sure if that's enough. The arena's seem to get a bit bigger the further I went.

I think like Taltos, I was expecting more of a Dark Souls in terms of exploration.

I do see that in the chat you can say "Exploration Quest ?" so I assume there is something later in the game.

Still, I'll be waiting on some reviews to see what else is in the game. Right now, it's definitely not a day 1 purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think lads you completely missing the point of this game. It should not be like dark souls in any form or shape. It is a monster hunter PS vita version. Which has nothing g to do with dark souls too.

I have not played demo yet, but I already can say that games like this can't make a proper demo. A lot of people were so dissapointed with monster hunter 3, but those who gave a chance to full game realised how wrong they were and how crapy demo was to show the games mechanics and what game is all about. I would be not surprised if this game suffers from same thing.

I personally will wait for its launch, then check few reviews. Then pull the trigger if its stays to core of such games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Monster Hunter clone? Call me when there's something interesting.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Monster Hunter clone? Call me when there's something interesting.

Ah don't go insulting MH Retr0gamer. That had an almost open world.
    This has small dungeons, introduced by an annoying snipey voice of a book, but you can always turn down the volume and just read the text.

Am sure it will find a niche, but not on my shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

are there any must own online games for the vita yet, of any kind? shooter/sports/puzzle etc?
    been thinking of getting one but just wondering what the must own titles are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    are there any must own online games for the vita yet, of any kind? shooter/sports/puzzle etc?
    Soul Sacrifice might be one. Why don't you try the demo out and see for yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

little big planet vita, uncharted, persona 4 to name a few. The new sly racoon game is good fun also :)

Also get PS+ and you will get uncharted aswell as a few other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Got a Vita there the other day and it's a lovely machine when put together with playstation plus.

However, is there anyway to filter the download list in the PS Store? It's beyond frustrating, wading through mounds of ps3 demos and random bits of dlc to try and download a ps1 game I bought 4/5 years ago.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not. However, if you manually search the Store for the game you want, it may be quicker.

Soul Sacrifice might be one. Why don't you try the demo out and see for yourself?

I havnt got one yet, just mulling it over. kinda want to get an idea of what games are out there and get some peoples opinions on them.

Well from my experience with it so far which is roughly 4 months now.

Online wise - Nothing major yet imo. Of the games I've played Unit 13 offers co op which I imagine would be excellent if you know the other guy. Like with most co op games, it can be frustrating with a randomer. It's a third person shooter. Reviews were okay for the game but I've actually found it to be great for the vita as it's simple to just pick up and play a level.

Wipeout 2048 - not much to say here. If you like Wipeout online you'll love this too and you can play ps3 users.

Little Big Planet - same with Wipeout. If you're a fan it's arguably the best LBP.

Soul Sacrifice - Played the demo and found it a lot more enjoyable once you unlock co op. It's been compared to monster Hunter which I've never played but that's a rough idea for you.

COD is there but it's supposed to be terrible. I've a good feeling that Killzone will be excellent and I imagine that will offer multiplayer too.

I do love the SP games on my Vita though. Even ones that I can play on PS3. If you like your Indie games then I think you'll love the vita really. Games like Mutant Blob Attacks, Guacamelee!, Sound Shapes and Thomas Was Alone are all great on it plus there will be loads more coming in.

Anyway, I'm sure there are more posters who can give you better and more coherent advice :D

I was thinking of picking up one second hand so my question is do some games need a code to play online like FIFA for example?

I was thinking of picking up one second hand so my question is do some games need a code to play online like FIFA for example?

Some games do require an online pass, yes. Not sure if the latest FIFA did as I bought it digitally.

Games would ya. Same as PS3. I got LBP with the console and it had an online pass in it anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So anyone gonna get soul sacrifice or ye gonna wait for reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So anyone gonna get soul sacrifice or ye gonna wait for reviews?
    I'm probably gonna get it regardless. I enjoyed what I played of the demo, so far.

I'm really not sure yet if I'll buy it on release.

• Advertisement

Nope, won't touch it, not even if it turns out to be a freebie later. Am sure many will enjoy it but not my cup of repetitive boredom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement