Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wow meet up night.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,496 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

^^ You sound butthurt

OP has suggested a way of different people levelling together and other people have expressed an interest in joining him. I'm sure they can enjoy it without your pointless criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

No i don't want a medal, i am just illustrating that i freely move my chars when there is something to be done, not moving anything for something not well thought out.

Boards folks aren't just talk, allot of the members are doing things in their own community so don't be bitter that no one wants to play with you. I like many of the folks on here don't know you enough to take a punt and unlike some people who have tried this before you come across as pushy and agressive. Rather than thinking there is something wrong with members of boards maybe the fault is closer to home.

If the OP can come back with a solid plan people maybe interested but there i dont think you will find many making a leap of fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

i hope this works out. i would love to meet some other Irish players and play online or meet up and play.

I just want to have fun :( drop the negative thoughts !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Know on Terenas is prob 4/5 irish hanging about, but think I'm the only one raiding atm and its only normals with social guild cause had baby there in october. And its only one char out of 11 90's on the dead server.

Now would like to do this, but yeah can't see it succeeding, and then if it was prob wouldnt unless knew could raid etc :p and would be load more the same I'd assume. So get people who transferred, aint happy at not raiding so leave, then someone on main team would leave and no backup etc -.- , same with most guilds prob but wouldnt have the geographical limits, just server prob :P

Atm i could see openraid working for gearing chars in 90 pre soo raids, maybe heroics of them and although not current, would be a start of a group and possibly give founders something to work with, and reassurance to people if they want to sort the group on the same realm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Agree with points Cal is making,

I've got plenty of 90's , loads of 85's. (Over 15 characters). Money isn't the problem. **** I'm about to drop 60 bucks on a boost from 60-90 cause im not arsed levelling.

The issue is "what happens when we get 90". Look it sounds a great idea for maybe new players, returning players, or guys who maybe play the game on their own.

But its a discussion forum about WoW, and I think for some of us, playing the game since beta and alpha, and on this forum in and out for over 6 years, it's worth sometimes looking at some experienced views.

There hasn't been a guild or project, in WoW, that started from boards, that lasted more then a few weeks from what I can tell.

LAN meetups, meeting people and the likes is always fun and a great idea. I guess the problem for me is similar to Cal. I have a community in WoW I've been a part of since WOTLK, a guild, friends etc. Alot of the guys came back to WoW the last few months. And I think it's reasonable to ask some questions and have some concerns.

Like for example, something I think could REALLY work for this community, is utilising the structures Blizzard has put in place with real ID and cross realm raiding.

Weekly boards Flex raid for SOO?
    Organise it through here, or Openraid.

I know as someone who enjoys rating, and always has an interest in what Irish people are doing in my games, I'd happily sign up for something like this. Would be a great way for me to play an alt properly aswell.

So, if the OP manages to go ahead with his project, get's people levelled and has a few abled and capable people, and interesting next development would be organising raids. Casual, relaxed, and just having some fun, but obviously trying to kill bosses :)

• Advertisement

i would be more interested in doing pvp but i could try pve too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Akarinn wrote: »
    Would you like a medal?

It Can hardly be an established setup if people dont switch over to his server. He cant do much on his own unless people actually put some effort in and switch, but as i said earlier the majority of boards members just talk the talk.

This is something you would hear from a scrub in a raiding guild. Until you have it on farm im not gonna join.

Do any of you actually listen to this guy???

Akarinn i think i can safely say that there isnt anybody here, that will want you to join them ;)

Has any progress been made on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i took a leap of faith the last time a boards guild was properly setup, wotlk. moved 3 80s over, guild was dead within weeks, stuck on a ****e realm then.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Mate if you had the cash to move 3 characters.. you couldnt have been stuck on it for long...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 jmckelly

TheDoc wrote: »

Like for example, something I think could REALLY work for this community, is utilising the structures Blizzard has put in place with real ID and cross realm raiding.

Weekly boards Flex raid for SOO?
    Organise it through here, or Openraid.

I think this is a good idea. I for example wouldn't be able to commit to meeting up on a weekly basis for lan parties, but I want to meet other Irish players in game.
    My battletag is Shadowfax#2599

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I used to play lans in a net cafe in town, either on my work breaks or with a few friends after a night on the beer. It was the most fun you could have with your clothes on. I really miss them days, pity the cafe in question closed down, it was like Cheers (where eveybody knew your name).

Lets just wait and see what valdez has to say. Been almost 3 weeks without a word.

Almost 1 month since the original post.. GOING NOWHERE!!

Mate if you had the cash to move 3 characters.. you couldnt have been stuck on it for long...

what a stupid point. maybe i wasnt willing to dump anymore money

What after the 60quid you already dumped.. good point

yeah exactly, i had no more money you troll!

i had quit the game and came back to take part in the boards guild, when that went south i quit game soon after.

what are you so sour about anyways

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeah exactly, i had no more money you troll!

i had quit the game and came back to take part in the boards guild, when that went south i quit game soon after.

what are you so sour about anyways

Why would you pay €60 before you even knew what it was like, surely 1 character is enough just to test it. People like you are the reason these guilds never work out, you have one bad experience and then come onto boards to spout about it making sure anyone else who wants to try it knows how crap these thins turn out to be. But your move of 3 characters was dumb.

Anyway, i dont know why this is still being discussed.

The thread started off with an idea to make a Meet up night and then got hi-jacked by people who dont want to meet up IRL but prefer to do it online.

Are any of the people who suggested playing at home actually meeting up with eachother or as per usual was it all talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

This is getting slightly creepy...

Lol the last post is golden, i dont know why you care about this so much as i thought it was creepy?

Even if this did have a chance of working, your participation in this thread has probably gone a long way to ensure it wont get off the ground.

Lets be clear on one thing peopel like you are the problem with the Irish wow community, you had a poor idea and when people asked for more details you went off on one. Your logic is that people should play with you because your Irish and as explained to you many times that makes a pretty poor guild.

Its still being discussed as you wont let it die, but its not a bad thing as this thread is showing the Irish MMO community the charming attitude you bring to the table.

I don't care for an Irish guild myself. The idea would surely fail. But I would love to meet up with other Irish wow players and just play for fun. Would be a blast.

• Advertisement

Why would you pay €60
    15x3 = 45
    People like you are the reason these guilds never work out
    Yes, i see your point, i moved toons over to make a go of it and stayed till the end
    you have one bad experience and then come onto boards to spout about it
    i have been posting on the wow forum for about 8 years
    The thread started off with an idea to make a Meet up night and then got hi-jacked by people who dont want to meet up IRL but prefer to do it online.

Are any of the people who suggested playing at home actually meeting up with eachother or as per usual was it all talk?
    yes, was derailed by you. people gave good reasons of why it doesnt normally work.

having read your old thread i now know why your sour. you went all 'find a friend' and nobody was interested, so you came here to ruin this other lads attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

I would be interested in this but I'm living in galway. I gave up playing WoW a while ago as it was dead on my server and the games quality it now desperate. I've always wanted to play on a private server risk free,maybe a vanilla or TBC server so maybe we could do something like that?

I wonder when will the original poster of the thread write back XD

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rozelia21

I think it would be a nice idea to get some irish people together to play WoW, just for fun. Some people here seem to take it way too seriously. o.o The idea of starting new characters and leveling them together could be great craic especially if we had teamspeak or ventrilo for those living further away. Could start off playing at our own homes and get used to each other before meet ups start. I'm in Limerick myself so meet ups would be difficult to get to in Dublin. Unfortunately I think the negative people scared off the op... I''ll be returning to WoW when college finishes up for the summer so it would be nice if something started up here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

If someone wants to name a realm and faction they wana play on just mention it :) ill be happy to level up a new char with people

Wow these days is just truly terrible. cata was rubbish, panda's wtf? and now outland/dranor time travel because why not!?
    I think it'll be a great idea to set up a private server.

im always up for leveling a new char or playing with other peeps !

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I have a Mumble server that I would be happy to offer for use. Also at this point should we drop this thread and look to the other one Ryanakabyitz started which is suggesting playing together via battle tags?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057152072

RopeDrink wrote: »
    First of all, private servers are a no-no in general - Please don't try to organize one here on Boards or you land the site in trouble.

Secondly, considering we had Pandaren before WoW, I'm not sure why people play the 'Pandas WTF' card.

Cataclysm was a necessary evil as the old game-world needed to be revamped - And basing an expansion around the destruction of it seemed like an original move, compared to revisiting older content like they do now with MoP and Draenor. That's not saying it was a great expansion - But I found it to be one of the less annoying ones, personally.

Either way - None of that is relevant to the topic - So let's not have a discussion about expansions in a thread based on meet-ups. They can be discussed in their own thread(s).

Thanks.

I'm sorry for suggesting a private server, I know they arnt exactly legal, it just seemed to me most people liked vanilla-wrath and hated cata-MoP. And as blizz arnt doing legacy servers anytime soon I just suggested it in brainstorming. Again I apologize.

I'm all up for gaming with you guys and I'd return to WoW in a heartbeat if we all had a server and a guild.The good thing about the new expansion is its a fresh start and a good chance for us to all start new characters and have fun leveling them up. WoD is in alpha now if I'm right so beta isn't too far. Why don't we pick a realm and faction and grab the game when it comes out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement