Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2015 Season Ticket

Options
  • 29-09-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

The season ticket will be up for renewal on Wednesday the 1st of October. There is a €10 increase angry.gif on renewals this year, up from €75 to €85 for adults with the Juvenile season ticket remaining at €10 (we think).

2014 season ticket info here; http://mayoclub51.com/croke-park-season-ticket/

E-mail sent to season ticket holders this morning;

A Chara,

The 2014 Championship has come to a close. The Provincial Championship draws will soon take place and the League fixtures are being finalised so it is time to renew your Season Ticket(s) for 2015.

Enjoy another year of great value with the GAA Season Ticket.The early bird price of €85 is available until 31st October and no later! The price will then increase to €95 so make sure to renew ASAP.

The Club + price has not been confirmed by your County just yet but you will be able to upgrade via your on-line account at a later stage. So get in before October 31st to avail of the early bird price!

Enjoy another year of great value with the GAA Season Ticket.

Your season tickets includes the following:

Allianz League matches in the selected code including any semi-finals, finals or relegation play-offs.
    AIB GAA Club Championship Finals on St. Patrick’s Day in Croke Park.
    AIB GAA Club Junior and Intermediate All-Ireland Finals in selected code
    Opening Championship Fixture for your County
    Further special offers for various GAA fixtures.

To renew now click here

RENEWAL INSTRUCTIONS:

Click on the Product
    Tick the ‘Select’ box beside the Season Ticket(s) you wish to renew and click ‘Renew Selected’.
    Select the payment card or add a new one and complete the job.
    It’s simple!

A couple of items to note:

If you had a Club+ in 2014 you will be prompted to renew the regular Season Ticket and you will be able to upgrade to Club+ once your County has finalised the price.
    If a juvenile from 2014 is no longer a juvenile (i.e. under 16 on 1st January 2014) then the renewal will default as an adult Season Ticket for 2015.
    Additional Tickets will be available to purchase from Wednesday October 1st, subject to availability.

Le meas

GAA Ticket Office

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

It seems that there will be no new Mayo or Dublin season tickets on sale this year, all sold out. Open to renewals only. From the season ticket site;

2015seasonticketrenewal_zps3decd9bd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I just had a look through the terms and conditions for next years season ticket. From my reading of it you cannot give your ticket to someone else to use? Point number 56 states that you can be asked for ID when your ticket is being scanned, am I reading this right?

Link to T&c here; http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/tickets/GAASeasonTicket2015_Terms&Conditions.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LilNiall

Correct "mayo.mick;92405887"]I just had a look through the terms and conditions for next years season ticket. From my reading of it you cannot give your ticket to someone else to use? Point number 56 states that you can be asked for ID when your ticket is being scanned, am I reading this right?

Link to T&c here; http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/tickets/GAASeasonTicket2015_Terms&Conditions.pdf[/quote]

Correct and no €5 off non finals either. Not much appeal to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metron

Says here the €5 discount still applies:

gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/price-and-payment/

metron wrote: »
    Says here the €5 discount still applies:

gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/price-and-payment/

According to the T&C's there is no mention of the €5 discount for the pay and play. Checked back on the 2014 and 2013 T&C's and there was no mention in them either, so maybe it still applies this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

It seems that there will be no new Mayo or Dublin season tickets on sale this year, all sold out. Open to renewals only. From the season ticket site;

2015seasonticketrenewal_zps3decd9bd.jpg

I would think that the Dublin and Mayo new ticket option will be available once current holders decide if they will renew or not. Judging by comments here and from others I know who have cards there should be spaces freed up for new holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

statto25 wrote: »
    I would think that the Dublin and Mayo new ticket option will be available once current holders decide if they will renew or not. Judging by comments here and from others I know who have cards there should be spaces freed up for new holders.
    It would be quite ironic should the GAA not offer cheap online tickets next year, meaning those who cancel the season ticket end up both out of pocket and no entitlement to a "shíte" all Ireland ticket ( which still is better than a great number of seats in the stadium)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

E-mails to renew the 2015 season ticket are out this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

165 for us Dubs again this year. 85 quid for other counties...... ffs

What do ye get extra for the €165, club match's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,004 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

165 for us Dubs again this year. 85 quid for other counties...... ffs

The 165 is Dublin Co. Board scheme rather than the GAA.

A season ticket from the GAA is the same price for all.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    What do ye get extra for the €165, club match's?
    ye get all your matches at home, thats what.

(aside from the fact that its a different ticket anyhow)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Got this classic from the ticket offiice

"Thanks for your email.

Seating in season ticket sections are allocated ion a random basis n the interest of fairness to all season ticket holders, the cost of league fixtures went up last season but weas not incorporated into the price of the season ticket. The price reflects the increase this year.

Kind regards"

When did the cost of league fixtures go up?

When I was in school changing the price from 15 to 10 is not an increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Speak Now

adrian522 wrote: »
    Got this classic from the ticket offiice

"Thanks for your email.

Seating in season ticket sections are allocated ion a random basis n the interest of fairness to all season ticket holders, the cost of league fixtures went up last season but weas not incorporated into the price of the season ticket. The price reflects the increase this year.

Kind regards"

When did the cost of league fixtures go up?

When I was in school changing the price from 15 to 10 is not an increase.

That's some madness, league tickets went 3 euro last year alone!
    Random seating is nonsense, I see the same regular heads around me every time when seating is allocated.

Renewed my season tickets this morning, fecking annoyed with the €10 increase in price this year. So much for "rewarding loyalty" :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Renewed my season tickets this morning, fecking annoyed with the €10 increase in price this year. So much for "rewarding loyalty" :mad:

Looks like the other 2 lads who have had the season tickets since day 1 are not going to renew now, as they are both pensioners and lads in their 70's the journey to Cork, Kerry and Derry would be too much and if they don't make them and get their tickets scanned then the will not hit the required %.
    Along with the standard of ticket we got for the Connacht final, Hyde Park and Limerick games this was too much.

Not a great year for the GAA in my own opinion. Money is now their game and the fans are only secondary.

The Mayo season ticket is sold out for Mayo, only open to renewals. Anyone that doesn't renew their tickets will go up for general sale on the 1st of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The Mayo season ticket is sold out for Mayo, only open to renewals. Anyone that doesn't renew their tickets will go up for general sale on the 1st of November.

Same for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

I was thinking of buying one this year, not sure what the full rules are of them though. I've heard that you need to go to 80% of the matches to be entitled to an All Ireland ticket when the time comes around? Is this true?
    Also if I were to buy one and am unable to go to a match, could my mother use my season ticket to attend the match instead?

laneykin wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying one this year, not sure what the full rules are of them though. I've heard that you need to go to 80% of the matches to be entitled to an All Ireland ticket when the time comes around? Is this true?
    Also if I were to buy one and am unable to go to a match, could my mother use my season ticket to attend the match instead?
    if you read the full rules (posted earlier) then it would be clear what the full rules are.

• Advertisement

Mayo and Dublin season tickets are not open for sale, only renewals. If you cannot attend a match you can give your ticket to someone to use. The guys over on club 51 have a good guide, http://mayoclub51.com/croke-park-season-ticket/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody know if the kerry one is sold out?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mayo and Dublin season tickets are not open for sale, only renewals. If you cannot attend a match you can give your ticket to someone to use. The guys over on club 51 have a good guide, http://mayoclub51.com/croke-park-season-ticket/

I thought that was blocked now this year as you needed to produce an ID?

anybody know if the kerry one is sold out?

Only Mayo and Dublin are unavailable for general sale and are renewal only.

Anyone who doesn't renew their Mayo or Dublin tickets will have their tickets put up for general sale.

---

Wrote an article on the Season ticket over on krank.ie
    http://www.krank.ie/category/lifestyle/spo/gaa-season-tickets-wheres-loyalty/

yop wrote: »
    I thought that was blocked now this year as you needed to produce an ID?

There seems to be some confusion between their T&C's this year and last year (I checked both) and what they say on the season ticket site. The t&c's say they can ask for ID at the season ticket style but on the site it says you can transfere the ticket to someone else, at the bottom of the page in this link;

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/the-opt-out/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

There seems to be some confusion between their T&C's this year and last year (I checked both) and what they say on the season ticket site. The t&c's say they can ask for ID at the season ticket style but on the site it says you can transfere the ticket to someone else, at the bottom of the page in this link;

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/the-opt-out/
    not a chance they will ask for id
    they barely have time to scan the tickets!

km79 wrote: »
    not a chance they will ask for id
    they barely have time to scan the tickets!

After all the agro with scanning tickets this year (in Mayo anyway), it'd be more in their line to learn how to use the scanners than asking for ID at the turnstiles!

Does anyone have any idea how many season tickets were sold per county or what the cap is on Dublin and Mayo? I know the first year they were capped at 250 per county and was increased to 500 in 2010.

I just renewed and your post landed in my email as an update to this thread at the same time. Weird.

Last I ever heard that the max amount was 2500 per county. But I have no idea how accurate that was. I think that that was in a previous years ST thread.

EDIT: I can't find the thread. All I remember from the thread was the fact that Dublin, Tyrone and Mayo were the only counties to sell their Football allocation.

• Advertisement

I just renewed and your post landed in my email as an update to this thread at the same time. Weird.

Last I ever heard that the max amount was 2500 per county. But I have no idea how accurate that was. I think that that was in a previous years ST thread.

EDIT: I can't find the thread. All I remember from the thread was the fact that Dublin, Tyrone and Mayo were the only counties to sell their Football allocation.

There was a thread a few years ago (I think here) with a breakdown on all the counties and the number of season tickets sold. I can't find it though.

Advertisement