Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

mayo.mick wrote: »
    There was a thread a few years ago (I think here) with a breakdown on all the counties and the number of season tickets sold. I can't find it though.

Yup, that's the one I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

laneykin wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying one this year, not sure what the full rules are of them though. I've heard that you need to go to 80% of the matches to be entitled to an All Ireland ticket when the time comes around? Is this true?
    Also if I were to buy one and am unable to go to a match, could my mother use my season ticket to attend the match instead?

From http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/the-opt-out/
    Does this now mean my GAA Season Ticket is non-transferable?
    No! You can of course pass on your GAA Season Ticket to a friend or family member to use if you cannot attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It actually comes to 88 euro when they charge postage, not great value for newbies at almost a ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Heads up for anyone with season tickets and a vodafone.ie e-mail address. Vodafone are discontinuing their e-mail service from the 18th October. If you use a vodafone.ie address for your season ticket account (as I do), you will need to change it as you won't get any updates after the 18th!

I got my reply from the GAA. Funny thing was that I got it almost as soon as I had renewed:

As per this post...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92437212&postcount=699
    ---

Anyway:

My mail sent on October 1st:

Good evening,

Can the GAA explain why the Season Ticket has risen in price for 2015 when the League tickets were reduced in 2014 thus seemingly removing the main savings available to Season Ticket holders.

If the ticket process for the League continue to remain at 2014 levels the advantage is practically lost in having the Season Ticket.

Access to All-Ireland tickets, whilst a welcome advantage is a relatively slim need for most counties, eg. how can a Carlow football supporter justify paying for a Season Ticket at all when realistically they will have League matches and a Leinster Championship game and a seemingly inevitable qualifier match as the grand total of their season.

Can the League ticket prices be confirmed at this stage so that people who want to renew can do so with all the information to hand?

Another issue which has continued to be an issue for the 2014 season was how season ticket holders were seemingly moved en masse for finals and SFs as well as replays for less regular and single ticket holders.

In Croke Park the Season ticket area was generally 305/6/7 and yet for the All-Ireland final many ST holders were shoved around the stadium. This was especially galling for hurling ST holders who then had to face the fact that tickets went on general sale TWICE!

Regards,

BonnieSituation

GAA Response received 7th October:

Hi BonnieSituation,

Thanks for your email.

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you, it has been extremely busy here for the past week.

The prices of fixtures actually increase last season but this increase was not factored into the price for 2014 season ticket, it has been for the coming season.

The reduction last season was a pre-purchase advance rate only meaning tickets went back up to full price prior to the fixture.

As outlined in the terms and conditions of the season ticket:

e
    Due to the significantly increased demand for the All Ireland Finals, the seats allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke Park.
    Tickets are not guaranteed for any particular section but the ticket office will endeavour to allocate the best seats available, where possible.

Any season ticket holder who makes contact for All Ireland Final tickets whose team may have not qualified or they fell under the percentage level to qualify are advised to contact their clubs or county boards. The tickets that went on sale, were tickets that came back prior to the Finals.

We do not guarantee seating in specific sections as we are not in a position to do so. There are multiple stakeholders that have to be accommodated in the lower Cusack Stand such as the competing County Boards which ultimately distribute tickets to clubs and then the club members, 10 Year Term ticket holders (over 4,000 seats) plus GAA Season Ticket Holders (over 2,500 involved in this year's Hurling final hence the spread.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards
    Liz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The prices of fixtures actually increase last season but this increase was not factored into the price for 2014 season ticket, it has been for the coming season.

Why do they keep trotting out this line when the price of pre purchased tickets went down which is essentially what we are???

Why do they keep trotting out this line when the price of pre purchased tickets went down which is essentially what we are???

I honestly have no idea.

I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Heads up for anyone with season tickets and a vodafone.ie e-mail address. Vodafone are discontinuing their e-mail service from the 18th October. If you use a vodafone.ie address for your season ticket account (as I do), you will need to change it as you won't get any updates after the 18th!

Is there anyone else here using a vodafone.ie address that needs to change it? I've being trying for the last 2 weeks to change mine but still no success. No more notifications after next Saturday :mad:

Is there anyone else here using a vodafone.ie address that needs to change it? I've being trying for the last 2 weeks to change mine but still no success. No more notifications after next Saturday :mad:

What do you mean change it? As in on the season ticket website?

What do you mean change it? As in on the season ticket website?

Change the primary e-mail address on my account. I can't change it (vodafone.ie will be non existent this Saturday) Even when renewing my season tickets I did not have tthe option to edit the address. Have been on to the season ticket office for the last 2 weeks explaining the problem, they said they would change it no problem, but still nothing has happened. Due to their data protection rules they will only communicate with the e-mail on the account, which means I'm f**ked after Saturday 00.01 :eek:

• Advertisement

Change the primary e-mail address on my account. I can't change it (vodafone.ie will be non existent this Saturday) Even when renewing my season tickets I did not have tthe option to edit the address. Have been on to the season ticket office for the last 2 weeks explaining the problem, they said they would change it no problem, but still nothing has happened. Due to their data protection rules they will only communicate with the e-mail on the account, which means I'm f**ked after Saturday 00.01 :eek:

I'm gonna be online in a few minutes. Let me look at my account.

Finally got a chance to look at my account. I can't believe there is no option to change your email address on it. It's kind of bizarre frankly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

lads does anyone know if it possible go renew tickets in person ? in Dorset street or even croke park?

lads does anyone know if it possible go renew tickets in person ? in Dorset street or even croke park?

No. It's not. Everything is done online.

Finally got a chance to look at my account. I can't believe there is no option to change your email address on it. It's kind of bizarre frankly.

Finally they changed the e-mail address on my account today. Thankfully left the password the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Reminder to anyone using a vodafone.ie e-mail address for your season tickets account. From midnight this Friday, ALL vodafone.ie e-mail address' will cease to exist! You will not receive any notifications or any updates unless you change your primary e-mail address on your season ticket account. Vodafone will not be forwarding any e-mails either!

E-mail seasonticket@gaa.ie to change your e-mail address before Friday. Remember to use your new e-mail address when logging into your season ticket account (should be your same password)

Reminder for anyone yet to renew their season tickets for 2015. Tomorrow is the last day to avail of the "Early Bird" offer of €85, the price will rise to €95 from Saturday.

http://mayoclub51.com/2015-mayo-season-ticket/

This year Mayo and Dublin season tickets were open to renewals from existing season ticket holders only. If you have not already renewed the cost will increase by €10 on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Any of these coming available for new orders in Mayo? Said it would be 1st Nov

As we said before we had a feeling that they would be capping the season tickets sold. I know for a fact of 1 person with 3 season tickets who still has not renewed them. They got a last chance e-mail this week to renew before the deadline last night. so there should be at least 3 tickets up for sale today. We'll have to wait till Monday to see!

A Chara

You are cordially invited to the official launch of "Cairde Mhaigh Eo 2015"

Venue; An Sportlann, Castlebar Mitchels GAA Club,

Date; Saturday the 8th of November 2014

Time; 7.00pm

Format of the evening

1. Formal welcome to Noel Connelly & Pat Holmes into their new roles

2. The new "Mayo Jersey" will be unveiled

3. New Medical Initiative

4. Sponsorship Extension - Elverys Sports, Pat Rowland

5. Cairde Mhaigh Eo - 2015 "on-line"

Le meas

An Runai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

A Chara

You are cordially invited to the official launch of "Cairde Mhaigh Eo 2015"

Venue; An Sportlann, Castlebar Mitchels GAA Club,

Date; Saturday the 8th of November 2014

Time; 7.00pm

Format of the evening

1. Formal welcome to Noel Connelly & Pat Holmes into their new roles

2. The new "Mayo Jersey" will be unveiled

3. New Medical Initiative

4. Sponsorship Extension - Elverys Sports, Pat Rowland

5. Cairde Mhaigh Eo - 2015 "on-line"

Le meas

An Runai

why don't you post that in the Mayo thread instead of here ?

why don't you post that in the Mayo thread instead of here ?

I do believe that Croke Park have taken over the Cairde mhaigheo ticket and it is now a croke park + ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I do believe that Croke Park have taken over the Cairde mhaigheo ticket and it is now a croke park + ticket?

I did not know that.
    I always thought the Cairde Mhaigheo, Parnell Pass, etc were county initiatives separate from any Croke Park GAA involvement

I did not know that.
    I always thought the Cairde Mhaigheo, Parnell Pass, etc were county initiatives separate from any Croke Park GAA involvement

They were, for the Cairde ticket now you have to set up an account the same as the croke Park one. They will now also have to attend 60% of games to qualify for All Ireland tickets (if we ever see an All Ireland again :pac: ) I'd say they will also be able to set up seating groups which they could not do before.

Mayo and Dublin season tickets open for renewal only for 2015, both sold out. 14,000 Dublin season tickets sold for 2014. How many were sold in Mayo?

http://www.thescore.ie/dublin-stand-season-tickets-1176000-Nov2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Mayo and Dublin season tickets open for renewal only for 2015, both sold out. 14,000 Dublin season tickets sold for 2014. How many were sold in Mayo?

http://www.thescore.ie/dublin-stand-season-tickets-1176000-Nov2013/

I don't think that's correct - there may have been 14,000 season tickets sold in total, but not 14,000 to Dublin alone.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I don't think that's correct - there may have been 14,000 season tickets sold in total, but not 14,000 to Dublin alone.

I've being trying to find out the number of season tickets sold for each county. No luck so far. The 14000 for Dublin I'm not sure about either, can that article be trusted? There used to be a list of counties football and hurling of the number of season tickets sold each year. Cant find it now, anyone have a link? I think it was on boards here somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

If you read the article more closely, you can see that the 14,000 doesn't refer only to Dublin, even though Dublin tickets are the focus of the article and indeed the previous sentence, so I can understand the confusion. The writer is a fairly decent/reputable GAA journalist in fairness to him.

There were 800 season ticket holders in Donegal for 2014.

It now seems that any Croke Park season tickets not renewed will not be offered for sale. It effectively means that they are reducing the number of season tickets for Mayo (and possibly Dublin if any of those are not renewed) Is there anyone here that still has not renewed their Mayo or Dublin season tickets and have you still the option to renew for €95?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It now seems that any Croke Park season tickets not renewed will not be offered for sale.

that would seem to support the theory that all the screwing around with AI tickets wasn't just about increased demand (still makes no sense), but about trying to eliminate a scheme that doesn't sit well with county board dinosaurs looking to sort out their cronies with tickets.

Advertisement