Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing fox rig..options?

• 28-10-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Right lads im thinking of changing my foxing outfit it consists of a sauer 202 22-250 and scmit&bender 3-12x50ir with harris pod and t4 mod.im looking for someting handier, lighter cheaper to run .im not looking to spend big money on another high end rig..just want it for lamping foxes, long range grey crow and magpies, odd bit of practice at paper to 300 yards max and protecting my sheep from dogs

So far im thinking about a .223 tikka t3 lite stainless with 20 inch barrell and a hawke, viper or bushnell elite scope.ill keep my mod and pod...any recommendations lads??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Sauer is one helluva rifle, but believe it or not, you will not be disappointed with T3.
    The beauty of 223 is that you can buy cheap ammo if you want, so you're rarely going over the euro-per-bang psychological barrier.
    And when you get near half that price, the fun starts.
    If you are into point-and-shoot (don't know if they are available here any more) but BSA scope are pretty OK for the money.
    I have 3-12 x 44 IR and I've recently seen a nifty one with parallax adjustment which doesn't require constant adjustment (maybe all newer scopes have this, so forgive my ignorance in advance).

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

I had a remy vs 220 swift with S&b 3-12 *50 and t4 mod for 12 years, I finally burned out the barrell and like you i decieded to go for something a little cheaper this time round.Now Im just waiting on a sub to come through for my remy 223 sps tactical 20 inch, cheap enough rifle brand new and a much cheaper round to run yet it will still do all i want for foxing and the odd long range rabbit /crow.I went with the short barrell to keep it handy for lamping and the fact that it doesnt need to stretch out that far really.Im going to keep the S&B on it and I have a sro mod due for it .seeing as your changing scope bushnell do some pretty decent budget scopes that would be perfect for a foxing set up ,I used to own one or two and always thought they were pretty good for the money.

Advertisement