Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

98 Polo saloon audio issues

• 19-06-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

So I bought a 1998 Polo saloon on Wed. The factory cassette radio was in it and was code locked. I bought a pioneer stereo ( haven't exact model no on hand) and installed yesterday. Installation was fine, hooked the two harness' into the power cable, plugged in the ariel n off she went.

The problem I'm having though is the sound is only coming from the left dash speaker. There are 6 in the car in total, 2 on dash, one in each front door and 2 in shelf on back window. Considering it's age it's quite possible the other 5 are just broken and as I said the original radio was codelocked so had no way of telling for sure if they were working

I'm HOPING that it's just an issue with putting a new stereo in an old car that somehow it's all just being put through one speaker. Anyone know if this is the case? And if so how do I sort it out?

Also is there an easy way for someone who knows very very little about electrics to check if the speakers are goosed without paying a mechanic or some such? Any and all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Was the wiring to original radio a direct connection to the new one or did you have to alter it to fit new radio

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

Was the wiring to original radio a direct connection to the new one or did you have to alter it to fit new radio

Original radio had 2 harness' plugged directly into back. New one had one socket and the wires that hooked into that was split into 2 other sockets that the original harness' clipped into if you get me. Sorry if explaination is bad. not very tech savvy. Will upload pics of setup once I get home this evening but it all looks like it's meant to fit together

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Check the balance and fader settings on the new radio....but most likely you just have faulty speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

Check the balance and fader settings on the new radio....but most likely you just have faulty speakers

Yeah checked them already. Cheers. Neighbours a mechanic, said he'll have a poke around this evening n see if he can sort it out

Advertisement