Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bluetooth problems in Renault Fluence 2012

• 08-03-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. Hope this is in the right forum. I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3 and paired it to the car stereo Bluetooth system. It pairs fine, but causes interference on my radio and audio devices e.g. a break in the line for a second, while the radio is playing, which repeats about every 20 seconds till I disable the bluetooth. My previous phone, a HTC Desire S paired fine. Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Hi, for the last few months of I was driving my mom's 2012 Fluence with my Galaxy Note 2 (basically the same thing as yours) paired to the bluetooth with only one problem, the display would lag behind the current song that was playing. The first thing I'd try is a reset of the S3 and re pair it with the bluetooth and see if that solves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Patrick20

Problem must be unique to Samsung device(s). I have paired Nokias, BlackBerry, and Apple iPOD with no issues to my Fluence. Have you checked it out with both Renault and Samsung?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's so strange, the fluence is actually sold as the Samsung SM3 in some countries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zeev11

It looks like there is a compatibility problem between Samsung S3 and Fluence bluetooth system.
    Renault Fluence uses bluetooth Ver-1 and Samsung S3 uses Ver-4.0 which is the latest most advanced version. So it makes sense that Renault should update the B/T software in Fluence cars. Turn to your local Renault agency and ask for it. (Or demand for it).
    Zeev K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I mailed them a while back trying to find information on what version of bluetooth is in a Megane, depending on the version it's the same as some of those in the Fluence. Mine currently doesn't display AVRCP metadata over bluetooth. Anyway, was told there was no planned update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tom1981

Same problem with s4 and 2011 fluence so I deleted the car as a paired device and reconnected entering the code given but when the car asks for permission to use contacts etc. I clicked remember my selection and cancel had to do this twice but it has worked perfectly since hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Good luck with that.

The Bluetooth implementation on Android is all over the place, lots of problems on a wide range of Devices.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 keithfarrell87

Sorry for posting on such an old thread but I think it's worth a mention. I paired my GF's Samsung Galaxy S4 to my 2012 Renault Fluence yesterday and it worked fine initially but when I knocked the Bluetooth off on her phone the dashboard was still showing as connected with signal strength etc. I thought nothing more of it and presumed the phone would disconnect when i turned the car off. Later that night I went to get something out of the car and realised there was a warning message on the main display saying "Battery Low" so i started the car and let it run for a few minutes until the display cleared. It was at this point I realised that the radio wasn't turning on and when I locked the car the dashboard remained lit up. At midnight there wasn't a lot I could do other than make sure I had a set of jump leads handy for the morning. Sure enough, the battery was flat by morning so I jump started the car and brought it to the garage. They reset the radio and told me that the Bluetooth in the Fluence is not able to recognise Samsung or HTC phones because Samsung and HTC refused to provide the compatibility software to Renault. €70 to get this reset done (apparently they deemed it as self inflicted so no warranty cover) So make sure all are aware before pairing your phones!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I have been driving a 10 reg megane for a week with same system as the fluence. I have an iPhone 6 so I was sceptical enough about it working with the car. But it works perfectly I can even stream music make bluetooth calls from steering controls and even search my phones phonebook and recent call log from the steering wheel and then when the car goes off the radio goes off as it should. It's mad that the newest iPhone works perfectly with the car and there is so many issues with android.

Bpmull wrote: »
    I have been driving a 10 reg megane for a week with same system as the fluence. I have an iPhone 6 so I was sceptical enough about it working with the car. But it works perfectly I can even stream music make bluetooth calls from steering controls and even search my phones phonebook and recent call log from the steering wheel and then when the car goes off the radio goes off as it should. It's mad that the newest iPhone works perfectly with the car and there is so many issues with android.

Absolutely baffling that arguably 2 of the biggest phone makers would deny compatibility with an entire car brand...although I'm skeptical enough as to whether or not that is the truth or just Renault covering themselves. Either way, it's sickening to get stung with a bill for €70 for a problem that really isn't my fault! So now I have to get myself a Bluetooth headset instead and it's iPhone for me when the upgrade rolls around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Absolutely baffling that arguably 2 of the biggest phone makers would deny compatibility with an entire car brand...although I'm skeptical enough as to whether or not that is the truth or just Renault covering themselves. Either way, it's sickening to get stung with a bill for €70 for a problem that really isn't my fault! So now I have to get myself a Bluetooth headset instead and it's iPhone for me when the upgrade rolls around!

It's a shame as I couldn't believe how good the system is it really is a proper system where you can make calls from start to finish handsfree and the streaming gives very clear sound quality. Very good system overall if you have an iPhone the compatibility issue is a pain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

There's a compatibility list:
    http://www.renault-multimedia.com/en_UK/bluetooth/

But if there's an update to the Operating System then it can cause problems also.

Thanks for the link. I bought the car second hand and just presumed that once the phone has Bluetooth then it would work with the car.

The car is due for a service next week so I'll be requesting the software update for the radio system if there is one and an updated compatibility list from the garage to avoid another jump start and €70 bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Have just run in to the same problem. Have had the car from new for the last four years, no issues. Three Sony phones and last night found the dash lit up on returning to the car. Paid a visit to the dealer and had a reset carried out. Same issue again this evening.

It is booked in for a service next week, will see how it goes.

thegrayson wrote: »
    It is booked in for a service next week, will see how it goes.

Let me know how the service goes. I thought the majority of Sony phones were compatible...I'm worried about what phone to buy next. Looks like I'll be going to Renault and asking for confirmation that my potential new phone is compatible before I buy. I live on the motorway and the earpiece is a pain (literally!)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

Just had the same issue last night as keithfarrell87 originally had - dash lights staying on and radio not working after I tried to pair my samsung phone.
    from what i read here, disconnecting the battery and reconnecting is the way to go?

Thanks

limerick85 wrote: »
    Just had the same issue last night as keithfarrell87 originally had - dash lights staying on and radio not working after I tried to pair my samsung phone.
    from what i read here, disconnecting the battery and reconnecting is the way to go?

Thanks

Yeah that's the way to go but make sure you have the radio code to enter once the battery is re-connected because otherwise you'll have to go to the garage and have it reset!

I bought an iPhone in the end and works perfectly...cheaper than buying a new car!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

Yeah that's the way to go but make sure you have the radio code to enter once the battery is re-connected because otherwise you'll have to go to the garage and have it reset!

I bought an iPhone in the end and works perfectly...cheaper than buying a new car!

Thanks, cant seem to find the radio code so may have to pay up.though in my last focus i got it off a ford forum so might check internet first.

Cant seem to find how to fix the time on the clock. The manual is telling me to push buttons that dont exist!

Advertisement