Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can anyone recommend a good upholsterer?

Options
  • 10-07-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭

I have a leather couch the cushions of which are gone a bit soft.
    Does anyone know a good upholsterer who could fill the cushions?
    It would have to be done in my place as the couch is hard to get out the door.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭flutered

ger mc namara is based in moloneys yard, a master craftsman, in the buisness a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

let us know how you get on, I didn't know you could get this done with leather couches, and mine is the same way, in dire need of a restuffing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'll try Ger McNamara.
    Where's Moloney's yard btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

tippman1 wrote: »
    I'll try Ger McNamara.
    Where's Moloney's yard btw?

Opposite the Fire Station on Mulgrave Street afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭flutered

its not, it is off lower gerrard griffin st, as you go towards the market, if you are walking north you will see an arch way on your right hand side, you enter their and it is about 30 yards on your left hand side, there used to be a few buisness down there i have not been there in a while, i am sure the yellow pages will help out, also 11811, he may be under ger mc namara and sons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

bazz26 wrote: »
    Opposite the Fire Station on Mulgrave Street afaik.

That's Costello's Yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Delphi91 wrote: »
    That's Costello's Yard.

Its being levelled isn't it?

- New Courthouse or something similar?

Maybe there's some grand plan to catapult them straight into the Gaol on Mulgrave St. from the Dock......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

This woman is excelent and affordable.
    She lives out by Cappamore I think.
    Telephone number ; Rebecca Palmer 087 9018380.

rebeccampalmer@hotmail.com

tippman, did you get this done? or anyone else recently? looks for a rough idea on how much it would cost me..

Zuroph,

Not yet.....one of those jobs I keep putting off.
    I will definitely get in touch with Ger McNamara this week and see what he says.

It will definitely have to be an in-house repair as I had an awful job getting that couch into the house on day one.

I will let you know how I get on. As a matter of fact, I'll call in to that guy tomorrow.

John.

• Advertisement

Zuroph, pm sent re. couch repairs.

John.

thanks for that, may flip mine ovewr and have a look! annoying thing is I can find a zip for the back cushions, but not the seat ones, neither can be removed from couch, but the access may be hidden underneath.

sure enough, cut through the underneath and found a zip above the elastic frame. from what I can see, the couch can be seperated into two parts by releasing four or five bolts in there, and from there I should have access to all cushions. so its just a case of finding foam now :D

Great! Will have a look at mine later - I may put my DIY skills to work.
    Let me know how you get on.

My couch is old so I may submit it to exploratory surgery!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement