Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

• 10-10-2013 11:20pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New off topic thread and things not worthy of a thread, to replace the Camper Van.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

What a name......

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

Hmmm hmmm sure, sure, sure.
    Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

New off topic thread and things not worthy of a thread, to replace the Camper Van.

Here is hoping this new thread will be just as successful for all :)

Safe n Happy Peddling Everyone,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's a disgrace, Joe. I blame the gubbermint mods.

Ugh, I just realised I'll now think of Joe Duffy every time I visit the cycling forum. Why did I vote for this?! I regret everything.

hqdefault.jpg

Jeaaasus, so your not happy with the new name for the off topic chat......How does it make you feeeel? Go on, yea, yea, sure sure......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

IT'S MOTOR TAX

:pac::pac::pac:

speaking of which I've completly forgotten to pay my car insurnace, must go do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Strange to watch Dr Ferrari's Campervan slipping down the 'homepage'.....

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's a disgrace, Joe. I blame the gubbermint mods.

Ugh, I just realised I'll now think of Joe Duffy every time I visit the cycling forum. Why did I vote for this?! I regret everything.

It's ok, we can do a Lisbon and make you all vote again! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

What a name......

As voted for by the users.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

i think I may have voted for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

What a name......

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Hi Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I didn't vote for this thread title and I therefore feel compelled to boycott the thread. In a cruelly ironic twist though the only place that I can mention that is here. I see mental torment in my future.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Sure I see it on me screen here!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

First moan post before Zyzz gets in here.

Today was absolutely atrocious. College from 9-4, then worked from 5-3am. I'm also dying with a cold and had to finish off assignments, which of course the windows computers in the labs refused to let me, and kept shutting off or blue-screening.

The cycle home at half 3 was weird though. Being the last person in the IFSC was creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Needs " (off-topic discussion)" in the Fred title like the Camper had.

Even then, are road tax discussions off-topic for the forum (in which case they should be in this thread) or off-topic for the thread (in which case they should be in the forum)?

I respect the moronic decision of my peers, but from a purely semantic perspective this will end badly. Seems like an exercise in making work for the mods.

The public has spoken, the bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Lumen wrote: »
    I respect the moronic decision of my peers, but from a purely semantic perspective this will end badly. Seems like an exercise in making work for the mods.

LOL, not even the yes campaign for the abolition of the seanad complained as much about the results from the referendum.

Was the party bus partying too much?

I do think that it needs the (off topic chat) addendum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Good point lads, added!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's not a tax on roads.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

There should be an increase in the number of women from Clontarf posting in the cycling forum from now on :pac:

Joe_Duffy_FC_123_400x267.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

doozerie wrote: »
    I didn't vote for this thread title and I therefore feel compelled to boycott the thread. In a cruelly ironic twist though the only place that I can mention that is here. I see mental torment in my future.

We have our own thread old man! We can start the rebellion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I hate this title so much that I wrote my first Chrome extension. I have no clue about js or what not but I knocked this up in 15 mins (thanks stackoverflow) and it works
    Unzip the attached file into a folder, then in Chrome -> Extensions -> Load Unpacked Extension and point to the Fix_410 folder.
    Edit the js script to put in your own favourite title

EDIT: v1.1 updated to fix the title also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I hate this title so much that I wrote my first Chrome extension. I have no clue about js or what not but I knocked this up in 15 mins (thanks stackoverflow) and it works
    Unzip the attached file into a folder, then in Chrome -> Extensions -> Load Unpacked Extension and point to the Fix_410 folder.

Waaaaaaay over my tiny head. Can you do one for 'road tax' as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Why is my bank account suddenly empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    Waaaaaaay over my tiny head. Can you do one for 'road tax' as well?
    Ah jasus. If you can edit a one line text file you're beyond helping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

buffalo wrote: »
    Why is my bank account suddenly empty?

chances are you just bought another bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It breaks the dropdown menus across the top, any chance of a fix? I like Jan and Klodi and their party bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Lumen wrote: »
    ....... Seems like an exercise in making work for the mods.

....you say that like it's a bad thing?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Those who dont like the title will just have to post even more nonsense than usual to get this thread maxed out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement