Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ferroli boiler screeching when in use

Options
  • 02-01-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can offer some advice on an issue i am having with my boiler. Its a ferroli opimax and whenever it is in use for heating the rads it will screech and wail and let off this horrible high pitched noise for minutes at a time. When i turn on the hot tap in the sink for a few seconds the screeching will stop.

Has anyone ever had any experience like this with a ferroli boiler before or have any ideas what might be the issue?

Its been happening since day 1 with the boiler but its only recently that it is getting worse and getting to the point where i want to just have it fixed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Hi,

Hoping someone can offer some advice on an issue i am having with my boiler. Its a ferroli opimax and whenever it is in use for heating the rads it will screech and wail and let off this horrible high pitched noise for minutes at a time. When i turn on the hot tap in the sink for a few seconds the screeching will stop.

Has anyone ever had any experience like this with a ferroli boiler before or have any ideas what might be the issue?

Its been happening since day 1 with the boiler but its only recently that it is getting worse and getting to the point where i want to just have it fixed.

Thanks

Is the boiler a combi?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Since day 1, how old is the boiler, warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

The model is Optimax HE 38c. I assume the C denotes combi. It heats both the rads and the water for the hot taps/bathroom.

Boiler is probably 4 years old at this stage. Noise wasn't as bad previously, would only last for a minute or two then settle down. Now its more noisy than not. Couldn't say re warranty.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

You really should of addressed this issue at day 1, then would have been covered by manufacturers warranty.

To be honest, anything would be just a guess, fan, blocked heat exchanger, diverter valve…lots…

If you contact Ferroli they will give you the number of their past (not working for them here anymore) warranty engineer, as lot of installer shy away from this boiler as it can be very troublesome, and ends up in constant call backs.

Advertisement