Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oil filter leak, oil boiler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭jimf

the bowl comes off they can be tight you may need a pump pliers most likely the o ring at the top of the bowl is perished

you can buy a new filter any plumbers suppliers approx. 10euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

You have it off, do as Jim suggested and dont mess around with it, could come back to haunt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

I've the same problem. I bought a new filter housing and now need to install it. Do I use plumbers tape on the threads and treat it just like a water joint or is there some special compound I should use for a leak-proof finish?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Tape should do the job , you could use red stag compound if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

Thanks. I'll go ahead with the tape as soon as the weather lets me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement