Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things SUSI / grants (see links in first post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

what is the final date to fill out the application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

I have heard nothing since I applied is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

nickys wrote: »

If you check your online application it should tell you what happening, when my son sent his in after about a week or two, we check the online application which said they had received it and checking it, On Thursday we checked again and it said. A letter was sent out which I would say we will receive on Monday i n which they are looking for documents ( checklist). They might not of got to your application yet just keep checking online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

nickys wrote: »

Did they send you an email saying they received your application.

lulu1 wrote: »
    Did they send you an email saying they received your application.

Just checked online and says they are checking it thanks

• Advertisement

My son got a letter on Monday stating which documents He needs to send back, had to download form for Current Annual Salary for this year which is dad had to bring into work to get signed, No problem with that, but just curious as to why they would not look for the income from the previous year which would be 1st January 2014/ 31st December 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My son got a letter on Monday stating which documents He needs to send back, had to download form for Current Annual Salary for this year which is dad had to bring into work to get signed, No problem with that, but just curious as to why they would not look for the income from the previous year which would be 1st January 2014/ 31st December 2014.

They always require the previous years income because it was the last full year of income.

They always require the previous years income because it was the last full year of income.

Yea that what I always thought it was based on, When I filled in the application on line in April.i filled in the figures from 2014 P21, as there was a change of circumstances from March 2015 I gave the information for that also, the change in circumstances is that my husband had a part time job and also a main job, the part time job finished in March 2015 which he received his P45, So now he just has his main job for which they are looking for his current annual salary for 2015, the girl in the office at his job filled it out the best she could but there are something's that she cannot give a figure for but this is how she did fill it out
    Overtime = Variable- not guaranteed,
    Shift Allowance= 12.5% when Applicable
    Bonus= Variable - Performance
    I'm just wondering would this be accepted, Has this happened anyone else
    Sorry for the long post , Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

When's the deadline for applying ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AllyBushell

I applied for a SUSI grant for 3rd level education. However, now I am fairly certain I will be doing a PLC instead. What will happen to my grant if it is approved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

I heard if SUSI see any gambling or betting record in your bank account they don't gove you a grant. Can anyone confirm this? It seems unlikely as I don't see how they can get access to such information but someone please put my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I dont see how susi will even see what transactions you have made in your account

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭amerie2010

Anyone know what the cut off point is with regards to gross income as a single parent applying for my son?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JoseAmnesia

Hi I got a letter from SUSI asking to provide a Final Course Acceptance form (FCA form) since I applied before I was accepted. It says I can submit it online and the SUSI site says to follow the "FCA link" but there is none on the application control panel. This is what it looks like

http: i.imgur.com/xJObM4P.png

Any help? Also do I need to provide a physical copy of this form from the college when sending the letter back? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AllyBushell

I applied for a grant for a course in Galway, however since then I have changed my mind and am doing a PLC in Dublin. What will happen if I don't attend the course on the grant form, or if I don't get into it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

Nothing the grant system does not know what course you have accepted or if you were offered a course until the cao inform them..I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

Hi I have question. The closing date for SUSI is August 1st. Is this for online applications? I am currently on holidays and I'm coming back in mid-august, so if SUSI sends me a letter regarding all the necessary documentation I must provide (they didn't send me anything yet), I won't be able to send these documents until August. Is this ok? Or do I have the send the documents before August 1st?

Hi I have question. The closing date for SUSI is August 1st. Is this for online applications? I am currently on holidays and I'm coming back in mid-august, so if SUSI sends me a letter regarding all the necessary documentation I must provide (they didn't send me anything yet), I won't be able to send these documents until August. Is this ok? Or do I have the send the documents before August 1st?

I have just read the susi document section, it more or less says that when they send you a letter looking for documents it will have a date to which you must reply by, it also said that if you have trouble getting the required documents by the date to ring their help desk and inform them, I'm sure the same would be said of your above query, so if you get the letter before you are back from holidays, just ring and explain your situation

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

I'm finishing off my application today, and I was wondering if there's anything I should put in the additional information section? Can't really think of anything but I don't want to leave it blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

My application has been at the final stage since June 3rd, when will I know if I get my grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Kremin

Just submitted my application... do I have to do anything on cao now?

Just got a letter from SUSI asking for a bunch of documents, anyone else get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Kremin wrote: »
    Just got a letter from SUSI asking for a bunch of documents, anyone else get it?

I got one last month since I applied quite early. They've received them, but my application hasn't moved past that stage yet.

When should we expect to know if we're eligible for a grant? I don't especially want to commute, but it looks like I'll have to due to the other expenses. :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I got one last month since I applied quite early. They've received them, but my application hasn't moved past that stage yet.

When should we expect to know if we're eligible for a grant? I don't especially want to commute, but it looks like I'll have to due to the other expenses. :/

They publish their income cut off points every year, so you should have a fair idea of whether it's likely you'll get a grant.

I got that a few months back my thing now say granted provisional approval
    but doesn't say how much I am provisionally approved for??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

My friend's application got moved to the "queued for final decision" part of the application. Does it take long to get word of acceptance after this? She rang SUSI but they wouldn't clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

spurious wrote: »
    They publish their income cut off points every year, so you should have a fair idea of whether it's likely you'll get a grant.

Is this what I should be looking at (pages 38 and 39)? Aren't there other factors to be considered? The student contribution grant is straightforward, but what exactly does the maintenance grant involve?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is this what I should be looking at (pages 38 and 39)? Aren't there other factors to be considered? The student contribution grant is straightforward, but what exactly does the maintenance grant involve?

Reckonable income: here
    For the maintenance grant: here

The maintence grant pays you money per month while you are at college.

• Advertisement

This is so annoying, I emailed them asking why they were requesting documents from my father when I am fully dependant on my mother and they replied because they were living in the same address I had to include both incomes.... uhh what? They don't live together and haven't for over 8 years.....

Advertisement