Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Allowances etc

• 13-12-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows the story with the Gardaí Rent Allowance. Wondering how a Guard qualifies, is it literally there for any Guard that rents accommodation?

Someone posted the below link in another thread and it had me wondering would you qualify for this if you're single, late twenties and renting and apartment or house while working as a Garda.

http://www.nospinireland.com/Gardai.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Patience my dear, you haven't even done any tests or an interview yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Juicy432 wrote: »
    Patience my dear, you haven't even done any tests or an interview yet.

I know that but it's nice to know what type of money one would earn in a job they are applying to no?! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Like all allowances this one is up for review. To be fair to all applicants I think that the authorities should spell out exactly the corrects rates of pay, allowances that will apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭pah

I posted some approximate figures on another thread that are a good indication of pay imo. Rent allowance is paid to all members and is treated as pay really. The GRA have tried to get it incorporated into pay for ages

Just be prepared for this government to screw you into the ground. Fianna Fail with all their faults were the only party that looked after the Gardai

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Just be prepared for this government to screw you into the ground. Fianna Fail with all their faults were the only party that looked after the Gardai

You make me sick

WilcoOut wrote: »
    You make me sick
    Hope it won't affect your medical. Look at the various pay deals and who was in power. You will see I am right

Hope it won't affect your medical. Look at the various pay deals and who was in power. You will see I am right

And then the screwed everyone, even the unborn generations

What a rediculous thing to champion

And then the screwed everyone, even the unborn generations

What a rediculous thing to champion

I am not championing anyone. I am just stating facts. If it doesn't suit your political affiliations tough luck

I am not championing anyone. I am just stating facts. If it doesn't suit your political affiliations tough luck

All the garda will very much disagree with you

the 120billion hole in their pension is not something they praise FF for i can assure you

the constant slashing of wages is another thing, reduction in budget, no equipment, no recruitment

talking through your backside Santa Cruz

prove to me differently

• Advertisement

All the garda will very much disagree with you

the 120billion hole in their pension is not something they praise FF for i can assure you

the constant slashing of wages is another thing, reduction in budget, no equipment, no recruitment

talking through your backside Santa Cruz

prove to me differently
    Resorting to vulgarity shows you have lost the plot

Eaten bread is soon forgotten. You do the research and compare the various pay agreements over the years as well as other amendments to allowances and you will see that I am right

Advertisement