Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

any word on new academy entrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

jacothelad wrote: »
    Rank bad luck........:D:D

I think they were on a loser either way! But they did have a rough start to life being Collegians.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    The clip where he picks up Genia and just carts him over the line is just unreal. The rest of the Ireland team trying to catch up and give him a bit of a hand, Ferris just strolling with Genia totally helpless. :D

That is definitely my favourite memory of any time in a rugby game.

Also when he scored last season in the Rabo and the back went to tackle him and Fez just flattened him without breaking stride!! Think it was against the Scarlett's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

The thought of Ferris, Williams and Henderson all playing for Ulster at the same time is mouth watering. The ball carrying options would be immense.

We've already been deprived of the Fez/Wallace/SOB backrow for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

shuffol wrote: »
    We've already been deprived of the Fez/Wallace/SOB backrow for Ireland.

It's such a shame Wallace got injured before the RWC, I was really intrigued to see who would be left out between Ferris, Wallace, SOB and Heaslip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭jacothelad

bilston wrote: »
    I think they were on a loser either way! But they did have a rough start to life being Collegians.
    Yes, having to go to school in the same post code as Inst is a bit demoralising. You might easily get your Beemer or Porsche ogled by kids dressed as wasps. :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The clip where he picks up Genia and just carts him over the line is just unreal. The rest of the Ireland team trying to catch up and give him a bit of a hand, Ferris just strolling with Genia totally helpless. :D

Have you ever watched that game with the ARC commentary? Absolutely hilarious.

Yes, having to go to school in the same post code as Inst is a bit demoralising. You might easily get your Beemer or Porsche ogled by kids dressed as wasps. :D:D:D:D:D:D

I think you'll find they were ogling the Methody tarts (of legal age obviously) in their dark navy stockings.

I think you'll find they were ogling the Methody tarts (of legal age obviously) in their dark navy stockings.
    Who wouldn't........:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,358 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    Have you ever watched that game with the ARC commentary? Absolutely hilarious.

Got a link for that?

• Advertisement

Got a link for that?

FYP!!

The Methody girls (of legal age) where definitely one of the perks of being a QUB student.

The Methody girls (of legal age) where definitely one of the perks of being a QUB student.
    I left in 1968 and still have 'fond' memories. Testosterone kept the school heated.

Sadly, one of my female 'friends' from school passed away in Spain 2 or 3 weeks ago. Such a lovely person and dying at 63 or so isn't what you expect.

Edit: I was offered a teaching post there many years ago and wisely declined. I'm very easily tempted.

I left in 1968 and still have 'fond' memories. Testosterone kept the school heated.

Sadly, one of my female 'friends' from school passed away in Spain 2 or 3 weeks ago. Such a lovely person and dying at 63 or so isn't what you expect.

Feck that's no age at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tac4271

Got a link for that?

http://cargocollective.com/alternativerugbycommentary/2108359/Media-Archive

You'll find it in there.

tac4271 wrote: »

Picks him up and takes him home like a bag of f*cking malteasers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

Ulster sign duel sided but mostly tight head prop Bronson Ross on a 1 year contract

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3825_8725850,00.html

a kiwi in the Michael Bent mould > rumours that Munster were looking at him as well.

has played for european heavyweights Guernica for a year as well

he also has an Irish passport and played for Marist Dunedin in New Zealand, and spent a couple of seasons at Scottish Premiership side Boroughmuir.

edit just saw this a few pages down > old news now sorry guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

I was watching a video of some of Ulster's tries in the 2006 season.Can any Ulster Boardsies tell me what the hell Paddy Wallace was thinking when he dyed his hair?Was this a fashion in Belfast at the time?

Swan Curry wrote: »
    I was watching a video of some of Ulster's tries in the 2006 season.Can any Ulster Boardsies tell me what the hell Paddy Wallace was thinking when he dyed his hair?Was this a fashion in Belfast at the time?

Dying the hair was all the rage back then, I had my whole head bleach blonde! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Swan Curry wrote: »

Did BOD not do the same thing around the same time? Might have been the fashion in Dublin at the time too. Maybe they were both trying to distract attention from people telling them that they're not very good !

• Advertisement

I did it back in the summers of 2000 and 2001. I am obviously a visionary...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

I wish I had hair to dye.:(

Pienaar called up for the springboks.

Pienaar called up for the springboks.

See you in December Ruan, be sure to pop in for a wee visit around the end of October though!

See you in December Ruan, be sure to pop in for a wee visit around the end of October though!

He's been called up for the Italy / Samoa / Scotland tournament thing, which is in June.

Don't know about the Rugby Championship - what's the chances he's involved in that too cause while I'd be delighted for him, that's a long time for him to be gone and we'd miss him a lot. Plus it's his final season with us (at the moment).

Runs until October, and presumably he'd need time off after it.

He's been called up for the Italy / Samoa / Scotland tournament thing, which is in June.

Don't know about the Rugby Championship - what's the chances he's involved in that too cause while I'd be delighted for him, that's a long time for him to be gone and we'd miss him a lot. Plus it's his final season with us (at the moment).

Runs until October, and presumably he'd need time off after it.

Don't think they would select him for this if they weren't going to pick him later in the year but there was a poster who said Meyer was going to go with SA players only.

Yea I read that too.

Who does that leave us with at 9 other than Marshall?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Yea I read that too.

Heaney who is a young option with a lot of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Yea I read that too.

Michael Heaney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Is Blane McIlroy a scrumhalf?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement