Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halogen Ovens?

• 13-01-2012 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Over on bargain alerts there is a thread on halogen ovens. I'm not big on gadgets as in my experience I always end up going back to the traditional way of cooking and the gadget sits gathering dust (eg breadmaker).

So I'm interested to hear what you people who enjoy cooking - and eating - think of them. Would you roast a chicken in one? Or have you tried it and gone back to a conventional oven?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I used one (same as the Lidl one in the BA thread) before Christmas after borrowing it from a friend. It was fine, but they are quite large, which might be annoying if you're stuck for storage.

I'd prefer a slow cooker, tbh, which is what we have now. I don't know about doing a roast chicken. I think you can only do an hour at a time, so you'd have to keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭phormium

previous discussion on them here, I love mine, they are 29.99 in Dunnes

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75636035

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Does anyone know if they still have these in dunnes?

Advertisement