Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I have no time for large squads. I keep my first 11 and good subs. The reserves are just youths and players worth nothing that I can't shift. All my subs are very happy as they get plenty of playing time and anyone complaining of not enough first team just gets sold :D

Until someone gets injured!

Also cup games and games every 3/4 days will take its toll

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

I have no time for large squads. I keep my first 11 and good subs. The reserves are just youths and players worth nothing that I can't shift. All my subs are very happy as they get plenty of playing time and anyone complaining of not enough first team just gets sold :D

Surely that eventually bites you in the ass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I don't ever have a huge squad, unless I'm in the lower leagues, but you have to have more then just your match day squad! You must be ridiculously lucky with injuries and suspensions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

It doesn't because for one, I get very few injuries and when I do they are no longer than a month or two. I also have a lot of promising youth who I am delighted to play when someone is injured!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Any way to skip all the rubbish messages? Like players other teams have signed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Samich wrote: »
    Any way to skip all the rubbish messages? Like players other teams have signed?

Yeah you can filter what news you receive, can't remember exactly where right now, probably on the homepage though, under manage subscriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I usually have 3 keepers. with the tactic I use, I have 2 DL's 4 DC's 2DR's 3 DM's 4 MC's and 6 ST's - gives me redundancy and good set of players to choose from.

Thats with a few u20's thrown in for good measure.

Can someone help me? Playing as Man City, and missing the target so much.

I have long shots turned down on most of my players, yet they seem to be taking long shots and this is why they're off target. I only have about 20% accuracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Can someone help me? Playing as Man City, and missing the target so much.

I have long shots turned down on most of my players, yet they seem to be taking long shots and this is why they're off target. I only have about 20% accuracy?

Are you playing a very fluid system?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Are you playing a very fluid system?

Yes, I might have changed it since. Put Aguero training his finishing too, might help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

Is it your strikers that are shooting or your midfield? A central mid with good long shots wouldn't be the worst person to have shooting. Have you individual instructions for each player?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know any good feeder clubs ?. Im with Arsenal and the board says i can pick a feeder club of my choice.
    I'm looking at a Brazil club like Santos or Sao paulo maybe .....
    any suggestions :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

blobby360 wrote: »
    Anyone know any good feeder clubs ?. Im with Arsenal and the board says i can pick a feeder club of my choice.
    I'm looking at a Brazil club like Santos or Sao paulo maybe .....
    any suggestions :p

Pick a team that has players you can actually sign. I've been playing as MK Dons for the last few months and got a Brazilian club as a feeder club in around 2020 or so. The amount of times I couldn't sign a player because I couldn't get a work permit for him drove me up the walls. Eventually severed ties with them as it became impossible to sign anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

HDUK alerted me to a digital download available for $5.99 from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/SEGA-40833anager-20121-Football-Download/dp/B005WLRO4M/?&tag=jungl05-20

Holy crap that's a serious offer. Would there be any problem with it because it's on the american one?

Friel wrote: »
    Is it your strikers that are shooting or your midfield? A central mid with good long shots wouldn't be the worst person to have shooting. Have you individual instructions for each player?

Strikers seem to be doing it. I have all the long shots setting turned down

Can't score!!!

16 shots, 3 on target! FFS. I have the long shot settings turned down!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Can't score!!!
    Perhaps use the shout "Work ball into box".

16 shots, 3 on target! FFS. I have the long shot settings turned down!!! :mad:

More tactical details would help and maybe your lineup, more info the more feedback can be given!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Dempsey wrote: »
    More tactical details would help and maybe your lineup, more info the more feedback can be given!

Agree with this... it could be anything to do with your team. Or just a bad day at the office for the players.

I remember playing as Dortmund and having nearly 25 shots on goal, few (5/6) on target and the opposition had 1. I lost the match...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭spudwiser

has anyone else been able to get onto the forums lately? at http://community.sigames.com/

Never opens for me for some reason

They have been having server problems since the release of the update imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There were issues earlier on this evening but I am able to access the forums now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

new patch is currently downloading. do i need to start new game to notice changes? do i need to copy dbc, lnc, edt files into new updates folder in steam program files? do i have to delete "fake" and "nleague" files all over again? i only recently added all real names etc and dont want to have to start all over again

The patch is save compatible, they always are. You just wont see any database changes until you create a new save.

You should delete the fake files that come with the patch because a new save will use the fake files if they are there.

ok thanks. i have now started a new game but ive notices that club and comp names for japan have reverted back to fakes. in fact when i tried to start a new game with the new database, it said that there were 22 teams for the japanese j2 league when there is only supposed to be 20 and so i couldnt add japan to a new save. i tried with the default database then and thats where the fake names for japan came back. annoying enough. all other club and countries seem the same in that all real names are there

edit- now the jap league load up with the old database either- wtf? anyone have link to another jleague database or ideas on how to address this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,135 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Something strange is happening in my game. I like to think the tactic I created and perfected over the last few months is a great tactic. But since this new patch it has become too good. First year with Sligo Rovers I won the league comfortably, conceding only 11 goals all season and won the cup as well. I'm in September 2012 now, 12 points clear and I qualified for the CL group stages. I hammered Rapid Vienna 9-2 on aggregate, then disposed of APOEL 8-1 and in the playoff round I beat Dynamo 4-0 at home, lost 5-1 out there playing a weakened side.

Played a group stage game and I drew 1-1 with Man City. I was lucky enough to get a point, but come on, Sligo Rovers should be losing 3 or 4 nil against Man City.

It's really taking away from my achievements to be honest. Most of my goals are the result of good build up play and passing into the box, not taking advantage of the games flaws from corners or anything like that. But I know I shouldn't be getting the results I am getting! Is it even possible that the new patch messed with my tactic?

I've attached a pic of my lineout and CL results.

can i delete the new update? its ****ed up my game? can i delete it from steam in program files and go back to the old database ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

A dreaded message :D. But interesting, never been in this situation before so always intriguing. Portsmouth is a proper struggle though :D
    nv9pmp.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Hey lads ,

can someone post me a link to the latest patch for fm2012 cd version i cant seem to get it anywhere :-(

Advertisement