Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best MacGyver Inventions/Repair Jobs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

googled that a few months ago, found out it was Angus which is revealed in the last episode :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Not strictly a MG episode, but I love the parody in the simpsons when Thelma (or Selma) is watching on her honeymoon with Sideshow Bob

"Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitational pull"

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Ah yes, magyver. I saw him on Tv2 Norge or one of those sat channels on 1deg west. Hes on every day. Its so refreshing to watch him and the fact he always gets out alive to save the world or some 8yr old girl from bandits etc!

I must record some on the hardrive on the laptop to watch on the train to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Bert Fever

I'm fairly sure i remember an episode with Teri Hatcher and him making explosives from kitchen cleaning products. Was Micheal J Fox was in the same episode? I think...? It's all a blur...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

As far as I recall, Teri Hatcher was in it a few times and played a semi-regular character in the early years of the show.

MacGyver was a f**king rocking show! Used to love the little voiceover bits that would be playing when he was making something as he described what he was doing and the theory behind it. Fun to watch and educational as well! :D

Made me go out and buy (behind my parents back, as they wouldn't let me have one! ;) ) a cheapo swiss army knife from a local camping/army surplus shop. Then I'd go out into the little bit of woodland on my grandparents farm at the weekend and use it to cut down branches off trees and stuff and make little kinds of hideouts and camps and things.

Haven't seen MacGyver in years (don't have Sky Digital/Bravo, unfortunately). Would love to see a few episodes again. Wasn't there a thread here on Boards a while ago trying to get signatures together for an online petition to get RTE to show it again? Pity they wouldn't, I mean, they've repeated the likes of Airwolf and The A-Team in recent years. Why not MacGyver? All I have to remember MacGyver by is an MP3 of the theme music on my PC and a little mpeg video clip of the opening titles.

If anyone from RTE is reading this....... BRING BACK MACGYVER! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Bert Fever

As far as I recall, Teri Hatcher was in it a few times and played a semi-regular character in the early years of the show.

MacGyver was a f**king rocking show! Used to love the little voiceover bits that would be playing when he was making something as he described what he was doing and the theory behind it. Fun to watch and educational as well! :D

Made me go out and buy (behind my parents back, as they wouldn't let me have one! ;) ) a cheapo swiss army knife from a local camping/army surplus shop. Then I'd go out into the little bit of woodland on my grandparents farm at the weekend and use it to cut down branches off trees and stuff and make little kinds of hideouts and camps and things.

Haven't seen MacGyver in years (don't have Sky Digital/Bravo, unfortunately). Would love to see a few episodes again. Wasn't there a thread here on Boards a while ago trying to get signatures together for an online petition to get RTE to show it again? Pity they wouldn't, I mean, they've repeated the likes of Airwolf and The A-Team in recent years. Why not MacGyver? All I have to remember MacGyver by is an MP3 of the theme music on my PC and a little mpeg video clip of the opening titles.

If anyone from RTE is reading this....... BRING BACK MACGYVER! :D

Hear, hear! BRING BACK MACGYVER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭tuco

2 Espressi wrote:
    PS: Anyome know his first name? It was revealed in the King Arthur Episode...

So someone else did see that episode, I was starting to think I'd made it up, or been pissed when I saw it or something (unlikely, since I was about 12), but I'm pretty sure he battling an evil sorceress, got locked in a rapunzel style tower, then made a kite, tied it to his swiss army knife, flew it during a thunder storm from the tower window and travelled back to the correct time. Time travel via swiss army knife. Kudos. I think at that point he actually came out of a coma or something and it turned out to be a dream double episode...
    Outstanding.
    All hail.
    Bring back MacGyver!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, but we were left with a nagging doubt - was Angus his name or the name of an ancestor he'd "leaped into".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Ruu wrote:
    give him a packet of matches and some cellotape and he'll build you a house!

rofl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭scoby

I think in the first ep. of stargate they get to a planet to find the dial home thingy broken so one of them says "
    can't we just MacGyver something?"

Anyone remember that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement