Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Guys do you know who'd i'd go about contacting for a copy of my transcripts for 1st and 2nd year? And would they be able to email them to me? In a rush with them and probably won't manage to get to college tomorrow to get them.

You need to contact the Records Office.

I doubt they will e mail them to you due to data protection but you can always ask.

Anytime I needed my transcripts, I dropped into the office and they printed them up while I waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What do ye think is it an eyesore compared to the quaint South Campus? The Arts block and Science building look pretty awful and everywhere behind JH is stuck in the 1970s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I don't think I've bought anything in O'Brien's since I bought a sausage sandwich about 18 months to 2 years ago...and the damned thing was cold.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

thelad95 wrote: »
    What do ye think is it an eyesore compared to the quaint South Campus? The Arts block and Science building look pretty awful and everywhere behind JH is stuck in the 1970s.

My dad stayed in and studied some of those buildings when he was in college in the mid-70s...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

But you see, O'Briens don't 'own' the area. Just because they have O'Briens banners, doesn't mean it should specifically be an area for O'Briens.

On a side note, O'Briens food is muck anyway.

It's overpriced shíte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

marko93 wrote: »
    It's overpriced shíte

aye but it was nice for a cuppa tea in the middle of a boring double lecture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

ARYEHAW RIGHT THAR HUNNAY?? :pac: ah, it's not the worst and the Scottish girl that works there all the time is so lovely. I do like the Chai tea lattes too, they taste like Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

ARYEHAW RIGHT THAR HUNNAY?? :pac: ah, it's not the worst and the Scottish girl that works there all the time is so lovely. I do like the Chai tea lattes too, they taste like Christmas!

Ha ha!! That's her for sure!

My dad stayed in and studied some of those buildings when he was in college in the mid-70s...

He studied the buildings? :confused: :pac:

He studied the buildings? :confused: :pac:

Architecture student

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

THEY ****ING DO!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Just signed contract for a new job.

Moving to California in January to take over the web division of a major ISP. Free accommodation, great money, right in the middle of Silicon Valley.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

banquo wrote: »

Moving to California in January to take over the web division of a major ISP. Free accommodation, great money, right in the middle of Silicon Valley.

Congrats!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

But... but... What will Siomha, Aislinn and myself do now? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

I was in the reading room today from 10 until 5, girl in the next chair left her stuff at the desk all day... and didn't sit there, for the entire time I was there. She came in every couple of hours to get stuff from her bag, meanwhile, people are looking for seats and can't find them.

Makes me so angry.

Thwip! wrote: »
    But... but... What will Siomha, Aislinn and myself do now? :O

I'll send you images to masturbate to. It'll be grand.

( . Y . )

( . Y . )

Bewbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bewbs!

Bewbs!

Jaysis. Grow up, would yis??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

the scottish girl is well fit , the body, corrr.......

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I've been out of college sick the last week and its looking more and more likely Ill be missing atleast some of next week too.
    I have a medical cert for last week and could get one Monday also, but how does this work Re assignments? Ive a number due this coming week, including a group project and I havnt been able to finalise my parts at all.
    Do I just email the lecturers? Will they extend the deadlines for me/us? Or what happens? Theres very little chance I'd be sharp and focussed enough to contribute anything of use to an assignment for atleast another few days..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

deise_girl wrote: »
    I've been out of college sick the last week and its looking more and more likely Ill be missing atleast some of next week too.
    I have a medical cert for last week and could get one Monday also, but how does this work Re assignments? Ive a number due this coming week, including a group project and I havnt been able to finalise my parts at all.
    Do I just email the lecturers? Will they extend the deadlines for me/us? Or what happens? Theres very little chance I'd be sharp and focussed enough to contribute anything of use to an assignment for atleast another few days..

If you're looking for more than a day or two extension you'll need a letter from the doctor explaining you weren't capable of doing them.

Just email your lecturers and explain the situation. Most understand and will give you the extra time.
    GarIT wrote: »
    If you're looking for more than a day or two extension you'll need a letter from the doctor explaining you weren't capable of doing them.

The medical certs should cover that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Might depend on the department too. In mine, you can't just mail the lecturers, you have to talk to the head of the department as he's the only one who can grant extensions. And you'd have to do it early, can't ask when it's already too late.

So double check with your department as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

mickstupp wrote: »
    Might depend on the department too. In mine, you can't just mail the lecturers, you have to talk to the head of the department as he's the only one who can grant extensions. And you'd have to do it early, can't ask when it's already too late.

So double check with your department as quickly as possible.

Yeah, I've heard in the Psych department you need to ask for the extension 48 hours before the due date. In the CS department you have to have an assignment specific letter for the larger assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

After almost 7 months of waiting I just found out finally that I GOT MY GRANT :D:D

My sisters was rejected yesterday so I was expecting the same (and I'm slightly still fearing my approval is a mistake)

but staying optimistic does anyone know how I can find out what kind of grant I got using the online tracker or do I have to wait for the letter to arrive in the post on Monday ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Wow, I would never have thought SUSI were still screwing up like that nowadays.

What the fúck....

• Advertisement

Oh God...

Advertisement