Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can't install my printer

• 01-10-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey!
    I've just moved in with a roommate for college and she said I can hook up to her printer but every time I try to install it, it just won't do it, yet I can scan things onto the laptop with no problem? When I try to install it, it gets to the window where it says "installing a printer" and runs for a few seconds before a smaller window pops up with a big red X saying "The printer installation failed". It doesn't offer any reason why or a solution on what else to try, can someone please help me? I've college stuff to print and I'm getting annoyed, technology hates me!
    My laptop is Windows 7; an Acer Aspire 5535 and the printer/scanner is a Canon MG3250. Any advice would really be appreciated, and if it was in plain English I'd appreciate it even more because I'm not very "techy", I'm a bit old fashioned :)
    Thank you sooo much! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Click here Use the dropdown menu and select windows 7 (x64) and then select English to the right of that. Go down to option 6 which is the MG 3200 series driver. Plug the printer into your laptop and you should be up and running.
    If she has the printer hooked into a wireless network (blue light on the front) and you are on the same wireless network you need only to download option 8

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

You could download the latest driver from Canon support site as well, this would be the most up to date driver for your version of windows 7.
    Are you trying to connect wireless or via usb?

Advertisement