Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Next Meetup March 28th

• 02-02-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I was waiting maybe for someone else to see if there was interest but that didn't go well so I'm here making the thread again to take over :D

Anyone interested in a February meetup? The usual drinks in a bar, head on to a club etc. if people fancy? Open to other ideas, that's just what's worked in the past.

Maybe I'm being complacent in explaining the meetups, but for any newbies out there they're a great way to maybe put a few faces to the boards people and if you're newly out/still working things out, more than welcome.

Previous threads show helps a great deal with people dealing with what might initially seem like a big deal being gay/bi/trans but honestly we're all out for a few pints and a chin wag! And for those experienced gays out there it's dancing shoes and fights in the George queue as usual ;)

Dates? Usually a Saturday is the best bet?

Edited to add date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tony91

A Feb meetup sounds great. I'm still to get to one cause of work most weekends but hopefully can get to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah towards the end would be good

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

I'm up for it not been to one of these in two years - time has really went by incredibly fast. Not free the weekend of the 20th but after that plans are fairly flexible I think !

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Could we all agree then that the 28th is maybe the most promising?

Ash885 wrote: »
    Could we all agree then that the 28th is maybe the most promising?

actually - sorry to pull out already but not for me - but if it suits most others go ahead

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Saturday the 28th then! We'll start the ball rolling; remember open to all!

1. Ash885

As I said I cant make it. Do you want me to change the date in the title?

Terry Pratchet

Well as it's been 8 days since the previous post and little to no interest, I'd say it's a bust. Anyone else can feel free to take the reigns though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd love to go but this month is a bit of a mess finance wise :(

Well as it's been 8 days since the previous post and little to no interest, I'd say it's a bust. Anyone else can feel free to take the reigns though.

Woah dont lose heart just like that :(

March would be good maybe?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What about the 16th or Paddy's day?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Yeah. This month's is a busted flush. The 16th in Dublin will be mental judging by all that's on.

I wouldnt go near Dublin near Paddys day on a night out

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'd avoid paddys day and around like the plague to be honest

• I can't do the weekend of the 28th and I echo the sentiments of avoiding Paddy's night like the plague.
    Other than that I'm totally flexible! :p

What about March 21st or 28th?

Terry Pratchet

28th works for me.

I'm in for the 28th

28th works for me too :) I've never been to one of these meetups but think this time I will finally bite the bullet

Well it's kind of too late to get any feasible accomadation now for myself and a few friends. Interest at the start really wasn't there to go ahead and book something with confidence. So I wouldn't be at this one. Someone else feel free to man the ship though and best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

I thought we were talking March 28 now tho
    Well it's kind of too late to get any feasible accomadation now for myself and a few friends. Interest at the start really wasn't there to go ahead and book something with confidence. So I wouldn't be at this one. Someone else feel free to man the ship though and best of luck with it.

Aaaah thought was referencing the Feb.

Regardless probably best someone else tries their hand at this anyway. Fresh ideas and all that jazz to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 doodlebops2015

I was just wondering if a married (m & f) couple would be welcome to attend.
    We have both identified as bisexual in the past but have been off the scene completely for more than 10 years due to kids etc. We were hoping this might be a good way to meet some people and see how things have developed over the past 10 years!!

I don't see why not. Given the amount of understanding pn here and the amount of people that would turn up and be on this forum just after coming out etc.

I was just wondering if a married (m & f) couple would be welcome to attend.
    We have both identified as bisexual in the past but have been off the scene completely for more than 10 years due to kids etc. We were hoping this might be a good way to meet some people and see how things have developed over the past 10 years!!

Yes its a social event. However it does tend to be mostly males that attend.

Terry Pratchet

Will we go with March 28th then?

Terry Pratchet

By mostly males do you mean no women?? lol

By mostly males do you mean no women?? lol

Women are always welcome. I'm female and hoping to go along. I'm not gay myself but I'm the parent of a gay child hence I post in here a bit so I hope that is alright with everyone else.

Sounds like a good place for some chats.
    No way we can make definite plans until closer to the time due to kids etc. but fingers crossed 1 or both of us can make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭RagsOBrien

I am interested in a March meetup....16th night time would be good😊

Advertisement