Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    I think a cab like that should be kept original, its Virtua Racing man! Thats a grail cab for me, & one I'll likely never own :(

Ever think of just making the downstairs part of your house open plan? No more doorframes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Not retro game related but I know there are some Transformers fans here so I want to post the below link to comixology's $1 Tranformers comicbook sale that they are running this weekend:
    http://www.comixology.com/Megatron-Sale/comics-collection/697

I haven't read any of them myself but I have heard good things said about the series "All Hail Megatron."

Master of the Universe

You've just reminded me of a photo I took of a tour bus in Greece over the summer.

SDC11342.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Transformers was the only comic i religiously read as a kid, had nearly all of them. Threw them away years ago, I would love to get my hands on them again. Loved everything transformers, only watched the cartoon movie last week with one of my kids, he loves it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm sorry but this **** annoys me. So rare that on release yo had to trawl through dublin looking ofr a copy. If it was anything but zelda a fiver would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

The old adage 'it's worth what people are willing to pay' comes to mind. I doubt the seller will have difficulty shifting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this **** annoys me. So rare that on release yo had to trawl through dublin looking ofr a copy. If it was anything but zelda a fiver would do.

Do you mind telling us where you can buy CIB N64 games for a fiver... wouldn't mind picking up a few? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I must apologise for my outburst against supply and demand last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There is a Namco Arcade Stick for the PS on ebay, an hour and a half left on it and it's only at 22.33 so far, probably will go higher though, time to put Parcel Motel into action!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

PC Engine GT + PC kid 2, £65 shipped in UK. Link.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    PC Engine GT + PC kid 2, £65 shipped in UK. Link.

Nice! Very tempted by that. Looks like it needs a cap kit, but nothing our resident techs couldn't do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice! Very tempted by that. Looks like it needs a cap kit, but nothing our resident techs couldn't do :D

They all seem to need a cap kit, it really helps the audio and video quality.
    And of course you can mod that screen with the exact same one as the Nomad mod.

Steve SI wrote: »
    They all seem to need a cap kit, it really helps the audio and video quality.
    And of course you can mod that screen with the exact same one as the Nomad mod.

Speaking of which, did yours ever arrive? Or can it be classed as KIA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Speaking of which, did yours ever arrive? Or can it be classed as KIA

If you mean the screens I ordered (ordered 4 of them), no never arrived from DX but I was refunded.

Steve SI wrote: »
    If you mean the screens I ordered (ordered 4 of them), no never arrived from DX but I was refunded.

Yep, I remember you were waiting an age, slow even by DX standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

On the subject of insulting the average-man's intelligence, can anyone see anything on the VGA website that goes even halfway to explaining how exactly they can deem themselves the Video Game Authority?

Their 'about us' section is a pile of pish, and I cannot ****ing believe they not only get away with this drizzle, but it's being embraced in certain circles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well anyone can set themselves up as an expert, especially online, and that's that.
    The soft brained amongst us will just take it as gospel and off they go, being wrong and no one challenging them.

It's a bit like that with Retr0...... ;)

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    how exactly they can deem themselves the Video Game Authority?

Exactly. Self appointed money spinners, a great idea it is, but the bolloz that goes on around VGA Graded stuff does my head in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

RNB wrote: »
    I don't understand why I want this...but I want this.

Yeah it has a weird, "you were never meant to see or own this useless cart but you know you want it" kinda vibe to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Yeah it has a weird, "you were never meant to see or own this useless cart but you know you want it" kinda vibe to it :D

I just know it'd arrive, I'd pop it into the machine and then the first time it makes "some cool effects and sounds", I'd be done with it :p

Hi folks

Tim from Rewind Bits & Rewind Gaming has kindly offered me a 10% discount code to offer to fellow Boards.ie users.

I've recently used Rewind Bits to buy two Sega Game Gear capacitor kits, and found the products had a great attention to detail. All the capacitors were laid out & labelled, and even came with a colour installation manual & excerpts from their forum that had user input. I was quite impressed to say the least, so hopefully we can avail of this discount, I know I will!

The code will have unlimited use per customer, and the usual exceptions apply (It won't apply to postage, & can't be used with any other promotion or sales price). There seems to be a nice little supply of hard to get bits, & repair kits. Rewind Gaming also has games/consoles aimed at Retro collectors, & the prices seem quite competetive.

Anyhow, please PM me for the code, as we've chosen to keep it out of the public domain to be fair to Tim. And please do not post the code elsewhere or share it with those who arn't registered here...or you'll have me to answer to :D

Thanks to Ciderman for giving the thread the green light. Feel free to contact Tim at any of the above sites too.

Just found out that Tim of Rewind Bits, will extend our discount into his ebay sales. Rewind Gaming is gone, & won't be coming back, but he sells the gaming stuff on ebay which we can now avail of a 10% discount of.

Just contact him directly, mention the discount code, & let him know what you wanna buy. He'll discount 10% off the ebay price, & let you pay direct via paypal. Looks like he does mostly free shipping to the UK do so it could be a nice use for parcel motel for those who have access to it.

His items are here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Just found out that Tim of Rewind Bits, will extend our discount into his ebay sales. Rewind Gaming is gone, & won't be coming back, but he sells the gaming stuff on ebay which we can now avail of a 10% discount of.

Just contact him directly, mention the discount code, & let him know what you wanna buy. He'll discount 10% off the ebay price, & let you pay direct via paypal. Looks like he does mostly free shipping to the UK do so it could be a nice use for parcel motel for those who have access to it.

His items are here

Just on this, Tim said he will be advertising 50 consoles & a couple of hundred games within the next couple of months. Keep your eyes peeled ebay ninjas :cool:

I put those N64 carts on Adverts, prices adjusted for advertsitus where applicable - http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-64-games/2209455

Half thinking of selling my Vectrex. What are they worth now, its 100% working & is in mint condition?

€150ish?

• Advertisement

Half thinking of selling my Vectrex. What are they worth now, its 100% working & is in mint condition?

€150ish?

My glob!
    Have things gotten so bad in the EnterNow household that you have to sell the Veccy!!!
    Say it ain't so EnterNow, say it ain't so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement