Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

Indiego wrote: »

Hahah you have a long way to come :pac:

Its so boring :/

Can't wait for work experience, what did you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=412380795458590&set=a.309810505715620.90015.309794585717212&type=1&theater

That pic is stupid, Steve Wozniac, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zukerberg didn't create the Internet, at all really. It was created by the American government to be a communication system for the army.

I hate like pages trying(and failing) to be funny :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Sentid wrote: »
    Can't wait for work experience, what did you do?

I went to The Natural History Museum, Amgen (Pharmaceutical company), and The local primary school :')
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=412380795458590&set=a.309810505715620.90015.309794585717212&type=1&theater

That pic is stupid, Steve Wozniac, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zukerberg didn't create the Internet, at all really. It was created by the American government to be a communication system for the army.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGC1bD13J0TYP8LTJ3t2uYfolUkj6-v3cwyjphcTaF1VdJmEjQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Got Bridesmaids today - has anyone seen it? Is it as good as everyone claims it to be? :o

SChique00 wrote: »
    Got Bridesmaids today - has anyone seen it? Is it as good as everyone claims it to be? :o
    Its hilarious :D

• Advertisement

The heavens just opened and its hailstoning :/
    Noooooooo

Its hilarious :D

Yays, can't wait to watch it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Black Mamba2k12

Noooooooo

It's splitting the stones here :)

Haha I've actually seen it(got it for my mam for christmas) it's good, Chris O'Dowd is great in it. (he's Irish :L)
    Noooooooo

Hehe, the rain and hailstones here have gone, I guess I know the wind direction today :P :)

True! On the internet atheists come of as cocky jerks who think they are higher up than religious people. :(

• Advertisement

True! On the internet atheists come of as cocky jerks who think they are higher up than religious people. :(

I'd watch what you're saying there, there's a few atheists here. I wasn't dissing atheists I was saying that that like page got it's facts wrong.

Oh so I'm a cocky jerk?
    Sterotypes aren't always true dude :P
    Hehe, the rain and hailstones here have gone, I guess I know the wind direction today :P :)

Its gone from here now too :L
    If anyones in dublin prepare yourselves :pac:

I'd watch what you're saying there, there's a few atheists here. I wasn't dissing atheists I was saying that that like page got it's facts wrong.

Has a point though, in fairness - the people who make those likes against religion have a tendency to come across as (I want to say "holier than thou" but that wouldn't make sense :p) superior, intellectual knobs, who look down on other people for having faith. He's not saying that's what all atheists are like - some of my closest friends are atheist/agnostic - but the internet is a great way for people without balls to make fun of others.
    Everyone's entitled to believe what they want to, as long as it doesn't infringe upon anyone else's beliefs... :)

EDIT: True! On the internet a proportion of atheists come of as cocky jerks who think they are higher up than religious people. :(

;)

Has a point though, in fairness - the people who make those likes against religion have a tendency to come across as (I want to say "holier than thou" but that wouldn't make sense :p) superior, intellectual knobs, who look down on other people for having faith. He's not saying that's what all atheists are like - some of my closest friends are atheist/agnostic - but the internet is a great way for people without balls to make fun of others.
    Everyone's entitled to believe what they want to, as long as it doesn't infringe upon anyone else's beliefs... :)
    Everyone is intitled to their own beliefs, but he was kind of implying that all atheists are like that, which we aren't!
    When it comes to those sort of things you kinda need to be careful how you phrase it :/

I mean "in general" on the internet. I'm not religious or anything, but I respect people's beliefs. I suppose it's just resemblant of alot of the internet :) Or a youtube comment section

EDIT: Just saw the other posts. "A proportion of" is the perfect term

Everyone is intitled to their own beliefs, but he was kind of implying that all atheists are like that, which we aren't!
    When it comes to those sort of things you kinda need to be careful how you phrase it :/

True, very true, especially when you're writing something and the other person can't gauge what you mean from your expression/tone of voice ;)

hehe anyone ever seen the film kick ass? photo.php?fbid=409666329063370&set=a.309810505715620.90015.309794585717212&type=1&theater

I mean "in general" on the internet. I'm not religious or anything, but I respect people's beliefs. I suppose it's just resemblant of alot of the internet :) Or a youtube comment section

Hate some of the comments/trolling wars on Youtube vids - its' like, quit acting like worthless assholes and just enjoy the bloody song :mad:

Hate some of the comments/trolling wars on Youtube vids - its' like, quit acting like worthless assholes and just enjoy the bloody song :mad:

Sup Sarah, where have you been the last few days? :)

• Advertisement

hehe anyone ever seen the film kick ass? photo.php?fbid=409666329063370&set=a.309810505715620.90015.309794585717212&type=1&theater
    You watching it? Nicholas Cage wasn't bad for once :D

EDIT: Just saw the other posts. "A proportion of" is the perfect term

Glad to be of assistance ;) knowing how to phrase things is about the only talent I have, tbh :pac:

Hehe I love Kick Ass XD

Shes been with me on Facebook, mwahahahahaaha :cool:

OhEmJee WuuuT? ANother girl on the forum?:P

Yo ^_^ I've been knocking around, liking random posts and whatnot - was busy today and yesterday though so that's why I haven't been posting :)

Sorry I didn't get the rest of those notes to ya, btw - what other ones do you need? :o

Yup yup, though some would beg to differ :3

Yeahhh :D
    Me and Sarah always seem to be the only two girls... was the same in the TY OT afaik :o

You watching it? Nicholas Cage wasn't bad for once :D
    No, I'm not watching it.. ah he was great in that ww2 film about the navajo code (can't remember the name :L)
    Yo ^_^ I've been knocking around, liking random posts and whatnot - was busy today and yesterday though so that's why I haven't been posting :)

Sorry I didn't get the rest of those notes to ya, btw - what other ones do you need? :o

Oh I see :P .. ah I think I'm grand .. I have some notes my teacher gave me just didn't have any good ones on the one's I asked you for, thanks :)

No, I'm not watching it.. ah he was great in that ww2 film about the navajo code (can't remember the name :L)

Oh I see :P .. ah I think I'm grand .. I have some notes my teacher gave me just didn't have any good ones on the one's I asked you for, thanks :)

LORD OF WAR, people! :eek: That movie is unreal :D

'Kay, well if there's any topics you're stuck on or if you need any more notes don't be afraid to ask :)

• Advertisement

LORD OF WAR, people! :eek: That movie is unreal :D

'Kay, well if there's any topics you're stuck on or if you need any more notes don't be afraid to ask :)
    I LOVE THAT FILM :D ... that's not the one I was thinking about though...oh windtalkers... thats it! :D

Advertisement