Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tattoo place in Galway?

• 04-01-2008 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all!

First post and first thread start!!

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the new tattoo/piercing place in Prospect hill/Bohermore in Galway city?

Really hankering to get a tattoo(my first!) but have heard dodge things bout irish ink and from personal experience metalworks messed up a piercing of mine before, so i wouldn't be rushing back there in a hurry.

I'd prefer to travel if it meant that i'd ultimately get a better quality tattoo.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what style of tattoo are you looking for? tribal, old school, colour, fantasy etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Would say tribal most likely, without colour I would say! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

i'll pics of my mums and sisters later on. probably the finest looking tats i've seen,and they were done in irish ink.mam has lily pads and a type of rare flower all over her shoulder to prepare for a koi sleeve. sister has a bio-mech chick and some stars on the inside of her forearm. he even took pics and photoshopped them with color and sent them on to her to give an idea of what it might look like! to be honest,i dont think there's any place in ireland that I haven't heard bad things about,everyone has an off day.Show them that your serious,be vocal about what it is you want and how well you want it finished off and you'll get the tat you pay for! ^^

there's a chap called vinny who opened up a store down by four star pizza and all that in galway,dont know what its called but its a new one so do some investigating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

The place Vinny opened is on Dominick Street ( near Galay taxis), it's called Tribal Tattoos. I got a koi done by him at the end of Nov and i'm really happy with it, he's a really nice guy, i'd go back to him to get more done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

Hi,

I was only up in the place on prospect hill last week and I would definitly recommend it for both piercings and tattoos. The tattooist did my tattoo in his previous place of employment and I love it its excellent and he's very professional and hygenic.

As for the piercer brilliant. Got one done the other day and def going back for more, he is incredibly nice and friendly, very professional and unbelievably clean in there.

I would definitly recommend this place.

Just a warning have heard some very very dodgy things about MW piercings not going to be slanderous but just wanted to let you guys knows thats why I didnt go there.

• Advertisement

yeah MW is popular with the kids but to be honest i've never liked going there,not even for rings changes or anything.I had a scaffold done there and it was in a bad way for about a year like! The aftercare they give is rubbish and im pretty convinced that the main dude is coked out of it most of the time.If you can help it,head to metal morphosis in temple bar in dublin,look for the chap in there covered in sweet looking tattoos with the transdermal mohawk,his names barry,he may not seem very friendly but he's one of the best,if not THE best and most comforting piercer in all the land. Pure professional and he even smiles once in a while! ;) elaine used to work in there too she was a total ledge,the place just oozes charisma if you ask me,never been worried about any piercing and never had any infection issues that weren't my own fault! ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

alot of people would disagree with you Master-Decoy...
    paddy did the transermals on his head, useless piece of info

ah yeah,im not really into bookended statments my good man,i had great experiences there and im just sharing my personal opinion thats all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

never as a customer, never actually been in mm, i dont think ,but ive talked to barry a few times in the last month, and he seemed nothing but friendly and encouraging. was showing me the new piece he was getting done on his chest, pretty sweet.
    still, as far as piercers go, my loyalties lie with steve and mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

This post has been deleted.

ok i have to correct you on that statement the TATTOOIST is Gordon from metal works the piercer has never worked in Metal works i asked him. Was only in there last week gettin one done going back in a couple weeks for more. he is really good and really friendly and very professional i would highly recomend him.

As for Gordon the tattooist he did my tat when he worked in metal works again i must say he was very good and my tat is perfect i would recommend this place on prospect hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

I got mine done yesterday by Gordon. He is one cool dude! Will put up pic soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zewookie

I've had work done by Vinny in Tribe City, its unfinished and I will absolutely be going back to get it finished by him, and him alone. Great guy, great taste in music and great for chat (unless he's been working on your back for hours and is wrecked!). My girlie has also had work done by him, also unfinished, also going back. Irish ink is a good place, but theres only one guy there at the mo, so he's a bit under pressure. Metalworks is bolix, end of. The guys there are drug addicts and only care about getting your money and you out the door again. The new place in Prospect Hill is run by Gordon from Metalworks and Andy from Clown Town in Ennis (piercer). He ****ed my tongue up so I don't think I'll be giving them my money. As for the place in Doughiska...has anyone even been out there yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pauly87

Got my eyebrow done in that new place in bohermore. he was very professional and clean. Seemed to have a thing against Metal Works but from what im reading here that is justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dobber99

I got my first tattoo done in metalworks but i wudnt be in a rush to go there again. If you want a tattoo done and a GOOD one at that go to the tattooist in Ballina. The fact is not everyone will get a perfect tattoo. Ive heard ppl say that metalworks is rubbish and others say its great. Its up to you but the one in ballina has the one of the best tattooists in the country. And ive seen his work and its amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

Been inked twice up in Prospect Hill, would definitely recommend them. Nice work, nice place and nice people.

The guys down in Tribe City do good work, but I was down to them earlier in the year and they fairly messed me about a bit with appointment times... I found G's on prospect hill way more professional, that counts a lot for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Something-Wkd

I got a tattoo in MW a few years back. It came out well and the tattoo artist was great. However, that guy has since got his ass out of there because of all the bad PR (so I heard).

Got a piercing done there not 2 long ago. I was happy with it at first but it never healed right on one side. Found out from another piercer that he'd done it 'arseways' and ended up taking it out :(

Looking to get another tattoo...will not be going back to MW!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Got my tongue pierced in prospect hill place just yesterday.

The piercer was very professional, very friendly, made me feel compactly at ease, and very hygienic , id have 0 problem recommending any one to go there. Also good after care advice ect.

Advertisement