Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gin

• 16-12-2014 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

A good mate of mine is turning 30 shortly so I think I'm goin to get him a nice bottle of gin for it.

I'm looking for suggestions, budget would be around €50, could prolly stretch a bit more though.

His b-day is in about 2 weeks so being able to buy instore would be preferable but online wouldn't be out of the question if delivery was guaranteed.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joanas

I would suggest a bottle of hoxtons gin. Really nice and you can get it in the Celtic Whiskey shop in dawson street. Just ring them first to check its in stock. Last time I bought it it cost about €46.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Does he like gin and, if so, what type of fine does he like, a London Dry style, a Plymouth, one of the more botanical types? Unlike a neutral spirit such as vodka, gin can be very personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hendricks BC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Marcusm wrote: »
    Does he like gin and, if so, what type of fine does he like, a London Dry style, a Plymouth, one of the more botanical types? Unlike a neutral spirit such as vodka, gin can be very personal.

Tbh he wouldnt be a connoisseur or anything but he does like Hendricks. I wanted to get something that you dont often see in most bars, I was doing some research myself and Williams Chase seems to be recommended.

Any one know what its like?
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Hendricks BC.

Thanks Slats, as above, goin to try and get summit a lil bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Tbh he wouldnt be a connoisseur or anything but he does like Hendricks. I wanted to get something that you dont often see in most bars, I was doing some research myself and Williams Chase seems to be recommended.

Any one know what its like?

Thanks Slats, as above, goin to try and get summit a lil bit different.

Hendrick's or Tanqueray 10 should fit the bill. If you want to try Irish, maybe the Dingle Original Gin?

• Advertisement

Thanks dudes, I ended up going with this lovely gift set from drinkstore.ie, €48 incl delivery and should have it by this day week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Thanks dudes, I ended up going with this lovely gift set from drinkstore.ie, €48 incl delivery and should have it by this day week.

Looks nice. Will you be hit for excise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Kind of the original, try this link, when I saw gin I think of this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

First Up wrote: »
    Looks nice. Will you be hit for excise?

Why.?
    It's an Irish supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Why.?
    It's an Irish supplier.

Yes it is but the link was to amazon.

• Advertisement

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Yes it is but the link was to amazon.

I was gonna buy it through Amazon but with shipping it was £59 so with some searching on the Googletron I found it on an Irish suppliers site.

I only posted the Amazon link to show what it looked like.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BBBDigital017

Cant beat hendricks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cant beat hendricks!

Three year old thread and the op got sorted!

Oh, and by the way, you can easily beat Hendricks.
    For marketing success, maybe not.
    For taste, easily beaten.

Advertisement