Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Music stores, guitar builders/repairmen in Dublin looking for help?

Options
  • 25-08-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello! I'm a bass player from Italy, considering the idea to move to Dublin in the next future as one of my best friends moved there years ago and always says good things about the city.

I started playing bass in 1998 and in 2008 I started building basses and guitars. I have a degree in Music and Performing Arts and my English is pretty good. I could move to Germany to work for a big company but the wage was... well, disappointing to say the least and they wanted me to work for 55hours a week (!).

Anyway, I should come for a visit in early October, in the meantime I wanted to see if I could find some big store, repairman/guitar tech/guitar builder/luthier where I could maybe leave my CV? Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I reckon the market for such work is very limited in Ireland as a whole. And I'd say you would struggle to make enough to live off, especially if you want to live in Dublin (The rental market is insane here...). But if you do come, I need a nut replacement on my mexican strat, so you're welcome to do that for me as a start :)

Advertisement