Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

syngindub wrote: »
    So is Ronnie announcing his retirment after this tongiht. Watched his interview earlier and he seems genuinely delighted about the decision !!

i would say the challenge of more titles will entice him back

can he cherrypick tourneys or would they make an exception,considering he's the biggest draw in the game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Cousin Avi wrote: »
    Yes, in fact it did. Robideaux complained that O'Sullivan had been "Ungentlemanly". Ronnie had to play three frames left-handed against Rex Williams (I used to think it was Doug Mountjoy...but Wikipedia says RW) - he won all three and the complaint was dismissed.

The truth is this actually never happened, the complaint was made and contrary to reports the three frames were never actually played.

I agreed with Alain at the time. It was the big turn off for me with Ronnie. I never celebrated his talent.

though now I am slightly warming to him...:)

that's been the one issue with him-disrespect

on the flip side players trying to put him out of his stride is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Here we go :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Let's get ready to....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Back to the Hendry love in.,, z z z z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Very grand entrances for Ronnie and Ali...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Those girls were practically invisible. . .

Ali should have attempted the pot there in my opinion. . . Can't keep refusing these harder chances. If he keeps doubting his ability he'll never play with confidence.

Aw, poo... Ronnie goes two away immediately... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Jernal wrote: »
    Ali should have attempted the pot there in my opinion. . . Can't keep refusing these harder chances. If he keeps doubting his ability he'll never play with confidence.
    Ali turning down the opening red over the bottom left pocket was a telltale sign that his gameplan hasn't changed. Ronnie now needs two frames for the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

They keep showing Ronnies cute little kid and celeb mates, and poor oul Ali is stuck with Peter Ebdon!

There goes my 18-10 prediction !

Phew! Another one for Carter. :)

If he gets one more before Ronnie gets two, we'll have a mid-session interval... ;)

And then what does Ronnie do?

He puts in another quick frame - and now needs just one more...

If it wasn't already, the outcome really looks inevitable at this stage.

Did Ali just take on a half chance? :eek:
    Should have done that much much earlier.

This is it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Gowan Ronnie :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fair play to O'Sullivan. Carter has been poor in the final, unexpectedly poor really. The game plan didn't work. This is just painful to watch now really from Ali's perspective.

• Advertisement

Another thing that's all but guaranteed now is that we won't get to 75 centuries... :(

Still over £14k for charity, though, and that can only be A Good Thing. :)

what was that about the handshake and ebdon
    i didnt get it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ali was basically trying to stare Ronnie out of it. Ebdon probably told him to do it.

Ronnie laughed when he turned around!

Ronnie is in, could be all over now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

PauloMN wrote: »
    Fair play to O'Sullivan. Carter has been poor in the final, unexpectedly poor really. The game plan didn't work. This is just painful to watch now really from Ali's perspective.
    Yeah it might have worked against the Ronnie of 2005, not now.

Looking very likely now......

And that is it.

Useless information: the last 18-11 final was in 1999, when Hendry beat Williams to win his seventh world title. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

WELL DONE RONNIE :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Job done, even shorter last session than I expected!!! Ali was disappointing unfortunately. :( Congrats Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Feel sad for ali :(

Best player of the tournament by a long shot, played some fantastic stuff at times. Deserved winner. Not the greatest tournament standard of matches though imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 power123

WELL DONE
    :DROCKET RONNIE:D

Advertisement