Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitive eater Joey Chestnut won his fifth straight Fourth of July hot dog-eating

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Glutton Number One

Thanks A.D. but no connections there. Rules are that you must keep the ingested food down for fifteen minutes after a contest, otherwise you're disqualified.

The members of the Irish Federation are both supporters and some competitors. All comers welcome! We aim to build recognition here in Ireland.

LETS EAT THIS WORLD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Well that's chest nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Only in America.

Big in Japan as well (from what King of the Hill informs me :pac: )

Takeru Kobayashi - "He held the world record for hot dog eating for nearly six years, and holds several other eating records, including four Guinness Records for hot dogs, meatballs, hamburgers, and pasta."

The Orb wrote: »
    This was shown on ESPN America yesterday, compulsive viewing but totally disgusting at the same time. What's the point of it. What next, competitive drinking, competitive drug taking?

It's a primal sport, compulsive. It's mind over matter, but can be physicaly grueling to. Stomach stretching and jaw strengthening are vitaly important to practice.

Welcome aboard, EMBRACE THE GLUTTONY!

I practice at the Epicurean Food Hall on Liffey St. They have three all you can eat buffets. Join me anytime to see a man REALLY eat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

cesc77 wrote: »
    I know that rabbits eat their own business as they havent taken all of the goodness out of it the first time through.

retch..

many many animals do that, makes sense for grass eating herbivores. Cows even do it without pooing it out first :D

why does it make you retch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

sagat2 wrote: »
    I was there on Monday for the event. The women's competition was first, utterly savage and surprising when you see the scale of these women they are all rater petite. In the men's competition the majority of them are rather large over 6" and relatively rotund. One competitor spewed after 10 or so dogs which undoubtedly affected the athletes around him but from the get-go there was no doubt Chestnut would reign supreme he's in a class of his own. Surprisingly after witnessing the carnage I had a craving for a hotdog. Would recommend a Coney island trip for anyone who visits NYC on the 4th of July seeing the pinnacle of our modern civilization for myself instilled a great deal of belief for the future of the human race, if a man can dispatch over 60 hotdogs in 10 minutes then surely world peace is only a whisker away.

I love that word.:p:p

I love that word.:p:p

Then you'd love me!

Advertisement