Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shipping guitar back to Thomann.ie - How much?

• 08-07-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

hi all,

I wonder if you have ever had to return a guitar to Thomann in Germany, perhaps due to that you didn't like it or whatever per their 30 day money back, how much did shipping cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

kifi wrote: »
    hi all,

I wonder if you have ever had to return a guitar to Thomann in Germany, perhaps due to that you didn't like it or whatever per their 30 day money back, how much did shipping cost?

Thanks

It cost me €30 to send back a Gibson a few years ago
    It could have gone up / down since then
    Ring them, they're very helpful

For smaller stuff Ive just sold it on adverts taking a small hit

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

It cost me €30 to send back a Gibson a few years ago
    It could have gone up / down since then
    Ring them, they're very helpful

For smaller stuff Ive just sold it on adverts taking a small hit

Lovely, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Last time I returned something due to a flaw it cost me nothing. I called them up and explained the problem. They organised a courier and collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Triad

Try getting a price with Transglobal, it's a society that allows you to ship with several carriers at pretty good prices, like if you had a contract (more or less same price).
    Interparcel offers the same service, you better check both.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

If the unit is faulty, it's free. They send you a form to print out and stick on your parcel. Then An Post will send it (and bill Thomann, presumably)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Think Of is talking about buying a guitar, realising they don't like it and sending it back under the 30 day guarantee so he'd have to cover the shipping.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Think Of is talking about buying a guitar, realising they don't like it and sending it back under the 30 day guarantee so he'd have to cover the shipping.

I see, you're right, of course! When you're just not happy they charge, when it's a faulty unit they pay! I must say, the warranty return was super-efficient, less than a week round trip and I had a new Eventide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Just got a new guitar today from Thomann, with a big ding all the way through the varnish on the back. Very disappointing as otherwise the guitar is perfect. Hope the returns process is simple. Anyone know if it would be ok for me to go ahead and order the same guitar again now and then they would refund the original price? I want to cut out some of the waiting time.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Ring them in the morning and ask them. theyre very easy to deal with
    You might have to fork out for shipping if it cost under €200

Ring them in the morning and ask them. theyre very easy to deal with
    You might have to fork out for shipping if it cost under €200

Cheers, will do. I've sent them pics of the damage already anyway. Will they refund the full price I paid, including shipping to me. I paid €15 to ship to me as the order was under €200.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Just wondering how they handle these claims.

If I buy something and dont like it, or have a change of mind can I bash it and claim it was done in transit?

I've had genuine issues in Ireland with various goods and at times its been like an inquisition trying to get warranties sorted, perhaps this is why Thomann seem to have a good name on the area of customer service.

Just wondering how they handle these claims.

If I buy something and dont like it, or have a change of mind can I bash it and claim it was done in transit?

I've had genuine issues in Ireland with various goods and at times its been like an inquisition trying to get warranties sorted, perhaps this is why Thomann seem to have a good name on the area of customer service.

I'll let you know how I get on. They wanted pics of the damage and of the packaging. The inner packaging is damaged so I presume the damage happened in their warehouse. It's a shame really, I'd prefer to be playing my guitar than going through the hassle of a return. I sent my emails with the damage hours after receiving the package so I hope there's no suspicion that I damaged it myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

I'll let you know how I get on. They wanted pics of the damage and of the packaging. The inner packaging is damaged so I presume the damage happened in their warehouse. It's a shame really, I'd prefer to be playing my guitar than going through the hassle of a return. I sent my emails with the damage hours after receiving the package so I hope there's no suspicion that I damaged it myself.

You did mention re ordering the same guitar again initially and then getting the first one returned?

I presume you didn't do that and are talking to them about the warranty now, which is the way I'd do it.

I'd say you'll be ok with that route, seeing as it's just been delivered.

Let us know, cheers.

You did mention re ordering the same guitar again initially and then getting the first one returned?

I presume you didn't do that and are talking to them about the warranty now, which is the way I'd do it.

I'd say you'll be ok with that route, seeing as it's just been delivered.

Let us know, cheers.

They have given me forms saying I need to go to the post office and get them to sign it saying that it was damaged in transit. I'm not happy with this as it clearly wasn't damaged in transit. The external packaging has no damage and the internal guitar box is damaged so it must have left the warehouse like that.

Sent them extra pictures and they agreed that it wasn't damaged in transit. So they emailed me a pre-paid return sticker and I've already dropped it off at the post office and have my new order in. Very impressed so far assuming I get my full refund back.

Advertisement