Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

STS-132 Atlantis 14/5/10

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Amazing photo here.

http://bit.ly/aUhLzM?r=td

That IS so cool thecommander!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This just popped up in my subscription on Youtube as a new upload. It's feckin' brilliant!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    This just popped up in my subscription on Youtube as a new upload. It's feckin' brilliant!

Thats great stuff. I love the way NASA are giving so much access and visibility to the programme now that it is ending. Bring it on:)

Beeker wrote: »
    Thats great stuff. I love the way NASA are giving so much access and visibility to the programme now that it is ending. Bring it on:)

Yeah,we're getting loads from the last mission. That 'Inside Atlantis' and FIT video are fantastic and stuff we've never seen before. Looking forward to see what else we get over the remainder of the programme.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Love it:D:D

The 'human side' of it all again i love it LL,

If i may be so bold as to include a small linked quote, from within Your post,The following is very true,I know it to be true as i have read his biography:)

"More proof that Mike Collins is the most articulate and historical-minded of all the astronauts".

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭12april1981

Dont have a lot of details yet,but there arriving end of this month till July 2nd
    http://www.collectspace.com/sightings/sightings-unitedkingdom.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

This popped up on a twitter search I've had running since launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpPGjXMJQSg

Lol.:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Every mote of dust and reflection on a shuttle window is called a UFO.

Save us from these idiots:eek:

Dont have a lot of details yet,but there arriving end of this month till July 2nd
    http://www.collectspace.com/sightings/sightings-unitedkingdom.html
    I would like to go to see Charlie Duke!

I would like to go to see Charlie Duke!

Why him in particulor Beaky?

ynotdu wrote: »
    Why him in particulor Beaky?
    He flew on Apollo 16 with John Young. I met John Young a few years back when he gave a talk in Dublin, so it would be nice to have met both Apollo 16 astronauts:) Also the only oither moon walker giving a talk is Edgar Mitchell from Apollo 14 who is a bit of a fruit cake AFAIK. He is into all kinds of mad stuff, astrology, ESP, UFO's etc:eek:

Not my kind of guy:D

He flew on Apollo 16 with John Young. I met John Young a few years back when he gave a talk in Dublin, so it would be nice to have met both Apollo 16 astronauts:)

BOTH of the Apollo 16 Astronauts?

So like the saying goes "Everybody can quote the name of the first Man on the Moon,very few can remember the name of the 2nd"

No wonder Buzz 'Cracked up'

Even more of Wonder is how Mike Collins who had to circle the Moon while Neil and Buzz got the glory did not also crack up.

I know You are new to this subject but Moi would like to remind You Apollo crews had THREE vital members :pac::pac::pac::)

BOTH of the Apollo 16 Astronauts?

So like the saying goes "Everybody can quote the name of the first Man on the Moon,very few can remember the name of the 2nd"

No wonder Buzz 'Cracked up'

Even more of Wonder is how Mike Collins who had to circle the Moon while Neil and Buzz got the glory did not also crack up.

I know You are new to this subject but Moi would like to remind You Apollo crews had THREE vital members :pac::pac::pac::)
    My boo boo:o I should have said both Apollo 16 moon walkers. The third member of Apollo 16 was of course Thomas Mattingly who previously had been dropped from Apollo 13 days before launch due to exposure to the German measles. He then went on to command STS-4 and STS-51C.:)

My boo boo:o I should have said both Apollo 16 moon walkers. The third member of Apollo 16 was of course Thomas Mattingly who previously had been dropped from Apollo 13 days before launch due to exposure to the German measles. He then went on to command STS-4 and STS-51C.:)

I Shall forgive Your boo boo this time Sir!

Stargate{who hopefully still lurks and giggles at our boo boo's}delegated the job of "Keep an eye on Beeker" to Me.

I take this responsibility very seriously and shall continue to monitor Your every move!:cool:

I Shall forgive Your boo boo this time Sir!

Stargate{who hopefully still lurks and giggles at our boo boo's}delegated the job of "Keep an eye on Beeker" to Me.

I take this responsibility very seriously and shall continue to monitor Your every move!:cool:
    :D:D:D:D

Advertisement