Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New 2pac Album "Pac's Life"

• 26-10-2006 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

New 2pac album is being released before christmas. Below is a strongly rumoured tracklist, by no means is this a confirmed tracklist, and there have been fake tracklists floating about but this seems the most credible.

1. Untouchable Swizz Remix featuring Krayzie Bone – Produced By Swizz Beatz
    2. Pac’s Life featuring T.I., Ashanti – Produced By LT Hutton
    3. Dumpin’ featuring Hussein Fatal, Papoose, Carl Thomas – Produced By Canei Finch
    4. Playa Cardz Right (Female) featuring Keyshia Cole – Produced By Carvin and Ivan
    5. Whatz Next Featuirng A3, Jay Rock – Produced By Salih
    6. Sleep featuring Young, Chamillionaire – Produced By Sha Money XL
    7. International featuring Nispey Hussle, Young Dre – Produced By LT Hutton
    8. Pac’s Life Remix featuring Snoop – Produced By LT Hutton
    9. Playa Cardz Right (Male) featuring Ludacris, Keon Bryce – Produced By Sha Money XL
    10. Don’t Sleep featuring Lil Scrappy, Nutso, Kadafi – Produced By E.D.I
    11. Soon As I Ger Home featuring Yaki Kadafi – Produced By QDIII
    12. Don’t Stop featuring Big Syke, Yaki Kadafi, Fatal Hussain, E.D.I., Young Noble, Stormy – Produced By LT Hutton
    13. Untouchable featuring Yaki Kadafi, Fatal Hussain, Kastro – Produced By Sha Money XL

Personally i hope this isn't the final tracklist, first of all there isn't 1 song with Pac without a guest artist. Second of all, there isn't any unheard verses in the whole of the tracklist. Not even gonna go on about why the hell people like Lil Scrappy and Ashanti are on this album.

The 2 singles that have been leaked "Untouchable" and "Pac's Life" are very average, especially Swizz's poor production on Untouchable and using a verse for the second time on a posthumous album on Pac's Life. After the abomination that was Loyal To The Game, was hoping for something better but this sure dosent look like it. The only small saving grace from this tracklist is that Amaru have confirmed that it's the original version of Soon As I Get Home produced by QDIII.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

2Pac would be far more important and relevant if they didn't keep releasing this crap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

come on now, how long can you carry on flogging a dead horse (pardon the expression). The makavelli album i can understand as it was done (incl. a couple videos) by time he died, but apart from that its really taking the piss if you ask me. repeatedly rehashing old verses, it just sickens me....so you are doing this for the fans ay, making sure they hear all tupac had to offer, more like cashing in on a tragedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

All of these unreleased verses have been floating around on the internet for years. So it's not a "new" album really!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Releasing albums in an artist name's when that artist can't possibly approve of the album is disgusting.Full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i really wish Afeni would stop ****ing around and had just left it after Resurrection. what she's done to his material for the last 2 albums is disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

phenomenon wrote:
    All of these unreleased verses have been floating around on the internet for years. So it's not a "new" album really!

Thats what makes this release so dissapointing, there's always been unheard, unleaked tracks on previous albums, but it dosent look like there's gonna be any if this tracklist is confirmed in this form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real Soulja

It upsets me so much. Pac gave us some of the gratests albims ever when he was alive ahy can't they just let him go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

It upsets me so much. Pac gave us some of the gratests albims ever when he was alive ahy can't they just let him go?

dollars%20pic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

lmao. i got the first single off this the other day, pac's life w/t.i. its not bad. lt hutton came thru with some cool west coast bounce and t.i. flow well on the track. all n all i'd give it bout 7 outta 10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Jay Ru wrote:
    lmao. i got the first single off this the other day, pac's life w/t.i. its not bad. lt hutton came thru with some cool west coast bounce and t.i. flow well on the track. all n all i'd give it bout 7 outta 10

Not to be nitpicking or anything lol but Pac's Life will be the second single, Untouchable feat. Bone Thugs will be the first. Pac's Life is a very averagely produced single to be honest, and using a recycled verse is an absolute sin, and Ashanti being on this............i'll say no more lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ashanti on a tupac track....ffs im sick of this ****
    iv always been 2pac all the way but this is gettin
    fuked up.

just listen to the track n wtf!

The others aint all that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real Soulja

I won't buy this one. Might get it bootleg. But no way will support this album by buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Orizio wrote:
    Releasing albums in an artist name's when that artist can't possibly approve of the album is disgusting.Full stop.

co-sign and hence its not a ****in pac album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 2pac's_the_king

You can all hate on the new stuff as much as you want but here is the bottom line. 2pac was and still is king. If even one song on this album is good enough to get radio play in America (which is really financially speaking the only place that it even matters) then it furthers 2pacs legendary status. Furthermore, all procedes at this point are going to the Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the arts which gives millions in scholarships to underprivaleged youth from inner cities. Aside from those two points you have to question if there is so much unreleased 2pac music why hasn't Tha Row (formerly Death Row) put any of it out? Most of these tracks have not been floating around for years. I personally have every bootleg you can by from about 6 years ago and virtually none of this album nor the Loyal to the Game album are on there. Finally 2pac was all about the money and while he took his craft seriously he put out some real **** before he died too so I do not think he would have any problem with the stuff that his mother put out for the good of the center in his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Ah i see, so theres the mistake i made, so getting played on the radio makes you the king. So I guess that pretty much makes Westlife the Kings of the world then does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 2pac's_the_king

Selling more posthumously than alive makes you the King.
    Being the top selling rap artist of all time makes you the King.
    Having songs and lyrics that are timely and aplicable even a decade later makes you the King.
    Having millions of people convinced world wide that you are still alive even though most of the world says you are dead makes you the King.

Radio play merely garners you recognition (even if it is a ****ty song) and if people hear your song they tend to by your disk. Just look at every billboard award show, you will see that 90% of a given years top sales are crap you don't like but people listened to and bought.

True Pac fans need to just be happy that he has managed to stay this popular for this long. Most people forget you when you are gone. Pac knew that the world would be watching long after his demise and he liked the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Aside from those two points you have to question if there is so much unreleased 2pac music why hasn't Tha Row (formerly Death Row) put any of it out?

because death row doesn't own the rights to the majority of it.
    Most of these tracks have not been floating around for years. I personally have every bootleg you can by from about 6 years ago and virtually none of this album nor the Loyal to the Game album are on there.

wrong, most of them have been around for years, just because you haven't bought them doesn't mean they haven't been around. in fact, i can't think of any pac verse from the last 2 albums that i hadn't heard before, or Resurrection for that matter.

i'm not even going to bother with the quite frankly hilarious attempt at qualifying the validity of a track by the amount of airplay it receives.

Advertisement