Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Need accommodation in Dublin City ASAP

• 08-01-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I'm looking for a two or three bedroom house/apartment in South Dublin City.

Preferably no more than a half-hour walk to Stephen's green area/luas.

Our budget:
    1000 for a two bed place
    1500 for a three bed place

There are slim pickings on daft so I thought i'd try here in the event that someone knew of a place going!

Alternatively, a house with two (or 3) bedrooms available at no more than 500 each would be great.

We are two females, 22 and 23, one professional, one Masters student.

We need a place by 1st of Feb at the very latest!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

You may struggle to find something in D2/6/8 at your budget. Have you considered other areas?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

That's very cheap for the area you're looking at, hence why there's not much on Daft. If you don't like what's available at that price, you're going to have to increase your budget or increase your distance from the city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

That's very cheap for the area you're looking at, hence why there's not much on Daft. If you don't like what's available at that price, you're going to have to increase your budget or increase your distance from the city.

Absolutely. D6, Rathmines/Ranelagh a one bed is averaging 950,
    Why not push out towards Ballinteer, 15 mins. to Luas at Ballally or Sandyford/Carrickmines, all on Luas line

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would look around Dundrum,Milltown and CLonskeagh too,not far from town and loads on your door step and possibly cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I would look around Dundrum,Milltown and CLonskeagh too,not far from town and loads on your door step and possibly cheaper.

Think again. Im looking in all those areas. Occasionally the odd kip for 800 a month, but all around that area is expensive.

1500 for a 3 bed. Good luck.

We are two females, 22 and 23, one professional, one Masters student.

We need a place by 1st of Feb at the very latest!

I have seen a couple of nice looking bedsits for ~1000 in that area. Would you consider lowering your standards and getting twin beds moved in instead of the double bed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

OP I'd shift North of the river:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1408470

Blackhall isn't great but neither will be the areas you're going to get in D8 in your price bracket.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1398153

Stoneybatter is great for students, becoming known as a hipster ghetto. There are some truly great restaurants in the area owing to feeding two law libraries and the Law Society.

Slim pickings here too but I wouldn't discount D7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

OP your budget needs to be upped or your search area increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Cherrywood is on the luas line. 40min into town and a 2 bed is 1000/1100. 3 bed is only about 300 more. That is nearing the Wicklow border and you are still looking at those prices. It's a landlords market at the moment. You'll be hard pressed to get something in your price range that close to town in a decent area.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 muselover

Thanks everyone. Ended up getting a two-bed place in Ranelagh for €950pm.

Advertisement