Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

ajeffares wrote: »
    You have to have a Lvl 2 facility before you can have Lvl 2 coaches. I think the first thing you should do is get the level 2 facility. I did it in my first few days and it worked out great. So yes get the facility now.

BTW welcome to boards, pls sign the players list

Cheers AJ, What would be a realistic aim in the first season? promotion (I'm in League 5) or to establish a decent team and develop my facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Defo first priority facilities, but, if you have a decent team go for promotion also. So what I suppose I am saying is do all three:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I would agree here with ajefferes but having missed out on promotion last season I can see the benefits now of only having good team and facilities and now I am turning a nice profit, my first away league game is this weekend so will see if making money then too - thats my aim for this season finances and stadium (and continuing to improve team!)... thats me assuming promotion is a given this season!

also one bit of advice I learnt at end of last season, use LTNT sparingly as I ran out of juice in the play offs! :(

Thought it would be better to ask this in here than drag the cup thread off topic!

A question on orizo's post re WNWIM v's Normally etc.

Are you saying that you should play normally now and you will get most CSR? say i am playing the bottom placed team in the league this weekend should i play wnwin or normally? which will give most training & csr? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭corny

eoferrall wrote: »
    Thought it would be better to ask this in here than drag the cup thread off topic!

A question on orizo's post re WNWIM v's Normally etc.

Are you saying that you should play normally now and you will get most CSR? say i am playing the bottom placed team in the league this weekend should i play wnwin or normally? which will give most training & csr? :o

WNWIM gives you the most in game training.

"For WNWIM, in-game training has been reduced from 200% to 150% of normal in-game training gained by each player. And experience will be 50% of that normally gained.

For LTNT, in-game training has been increased from 0% to 50% of normal in-game training gained by each player. And experience will be 150% of that normally gained."

So as a comparison normal will give 100%, WNWIM will give 150% and LTNT will give you 50%. Use WNWIM whenever you think you can get away with it.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    WNWIM gives you the most in game training.

"For WNWIM, in-game training has been reduced from 200% to 150% of normal in-game training gained by each player. And experience will be 50% of that normally gained.

For LTNT, in-game training has been increased from 0% to 50% of normal in-game training gained by each player. And experience will be 150% of that normally gained."

So as a comparison normal will give 100%, WNWIM will give 150% and LTNT will give you 50%. Use WNWIM whenever you think you can get away with it.

Thanks so it's still best to play WNWIM when you can so thats ok then!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Tactics
    Can someone break this down for me? I'm looking at my tactics and everything is still at default here Im just wondering how do you know how you should set your team out to play

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Tactics
    Can someone break this down for me? I'm looking at my tactics and everything is still at default here Im just wondering how do you know how you should set your team out to play

It really is just trial and error, but if in general your players have good handling and attack etc go for more creative & expansive. big ugly forwards, think england 2003 tactics!

Question guys, got cup match and 3 vital league games I want to win so wish to go LTNT in them. I think the cup will have to take backseat this year. What I am wondering is it better to have friendlies at WNWIM or play nothing - which will restore energy for LTNT better? I know WNWIM restores 20% so basically how much is restored if I play no friendlies and bow out of cup so have whole week to rest is the question?

To get the energy back you need to play matches WNWIM or Normal. But as for each players indevidual energy, that takes time. Is this what you have?
    • Wed: Cup (not too important)
    • Sat: League (Important)
    • Mon: Friendly Maybe (no importance)
    • Wed: Cup Maybe (Not too important)
    • Mon: Friendly Maybe (No importance)
    • Wed: Cup maybe (not too important)
    If that is your situation I would recommend this
    • Wed: Normal (A squad resting any player that needs it)
    • Sat: TNT (Full squad)
    • Mon: WNWIM (B squad)
    • Wed: If you make it through, Normal (A squad resting any player that needs it)
    • Sat: TNT if you had a cup match on wed, if you didn't you'll have to go normal. (Full squad)
    • Mon: WNWIM (B squad)
    • Wed: If still in cup, Normal (A squad resting any player that needs it)
    • Sat: No matter what if you have stuck to the above you should be able to TNT at 100% (With full A squad)
    So, overall this means if you stick to this your three important league games should be all TNT with a full squad unless you get knocked out of the cup this first wednesday coming, in which case you will have to play one league game Normal but the other two league games won't be effected.

• Advertisement

To get the energy back you need to play matches WNWIM or Normal. But as for each players indevidual energy, that takes time. Is this what you have?
    • Wed: Cup (not too important)
    • Mon: Friendly Maybe (no importance)
    • Wed: Cup Maybe (Not too important)
    • Mon: Friendly Maybe (No importance)
    • Wed: Cup maybe (not too important)

Yup thats pretty much it - with the monday friendlies being the boards cup! right so if I understand you correctly giving players the monday off is not as good recovery as playing WNWIM intensity?

Yup thats pretty much it - with the monday friendlies being the boards cup! right so if I understand you correctly giving players the monday off is not as good recovery as playing WNWIM intensity?

If you play the friendly with a B team and WNWIM it would be better than nothing. Of course you might want to win the boards cup:D

If you play the friendly with a B team and WNWIM it would be better than nothing. Of course you might want to win the boards cup:D

Course I want to win - with my reserve team!:D

Well my reserve team did ok against Cornys Farza Juve last night - he said he would be playing full squad, but I am not sure he did - I sent him a message asking so I can rate my reserves & get a better Idea of the performance level!

Course I want to win - with my reserve team!:D

Well my reserve team did ok against Cornys Farza Juve last night - he said he would be playing full squad, but I am not sure he did - I sent him a message asking so I can rate my reserves & get a better Idea of the performance level!

You're right i left a couple out and moved a few around but it wasn't a reserve team. Over half of them will be playing in my cup game tomorrow so your reserves are quite good, well that or my team is just s***!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

corny wrote: »
    You're right i left a couple out and moved a few around but it wasn't a reserve team. Over half of them will be playing in my cup game tomorrow so your reserves are quite good, well that or my team is just s***!:)

Scoping you out for the aul Boards cup next Monday... notice you've some hilarious filler players, one lad on less than 1,000CSR ? I got excited til I realised all the rest of your players would decimate me :(

Question: Is there any cash prize for finishing 1st/2nd/3rd of a league? Any prize for getting promoted?
    Trying to figure out my finances and at the moment I'm going to be hard pressed to follow through with my planned changes.

Scoping you out for the aul Boards cup next Monday... notice you've some hilarious filler players, one lad on less than 1,000CSR ? I got excited til I realised all the rest of your players would decimate me :(

Question: Is there any cash prize for finishing 1st/2nd/3rd of a league? Any prize for getting promoted?
    Trying to figure out my finances and at the moment I'm going to be hard pressed to follow through with my planned changes.

Yeah got him for a tenner. Absolute bargain!

From Documentation

In each league, the teams finishing the season 1st through 4th receive prize money, with teams in a higher division awarded more than those in lower divisions.

Level 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

1 $200,000 $140,000 $90,000 $50,000

2 $160,000 $100,000 $70,000 $40,000

3 $120,000 $80,000 $60,000 $30,000

4 $100,000 $60,000 $50,000 $25,000

5 $80,000 $50,000 $35,000 $20,000

6 $60,000 $40,000 $25,000 $15,000

50% of the prize money will be distributed to the top four positions as decided by the 14 league rounds. The remaining 50% will be distributed after the playoffs to the final top 4 positions. All prize money is given out shortly after the finals on Saturday, when the promotion qualifiers are formally announced. In addition to the prize money, the top 4 teams as decided by the playoffs win league trophies to be put on display in the club lobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

God I need some of that sweet sweet money

Ok, quick question. Im thinking about expanding my stadium, but Im guessing that there isn't much point doing it mid season? Am I right?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Ok, quick question. Im thinking about expanding my stadium, but Im guessing that there isn't much point doing it mid season? Am I right?

cheers

That new download tool from the other thread shows you capacity your stadium should have for the number of members you have. It also shows you what the cost would be and how many home matches you need to recoup the costs. (Have spent farrrrrrr too much time on it today lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

The stadium calculations are not 100% correct yet.

they are working on it !!

• Advertisement

Maybe this should be made sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Depends. If you are winning your league, try to have the expansion finished for the playoffs in week 15. If not, then I'd say aim to be completed week 1 of next season.

Right teams in my League keep changing their names, does this mean that they're now bots or something cause the manager hasnt logged in for so long? It says private on the manager spot on their team pages.

Maybe this should be made sticky

Done. Title changed to make it a more general Q&A as well

Right teams in my League keep changing their names, does this mean that they're now bots or something cause the manager hasnt logged in for so long? It says private on the manager spot on their team pages.

Yep if the managers name is private its a bot

can anyone who was promoted last season confirm to me if the ticket revenue is the same? just wondering what revenue levels are like etc for higher division teams! (and looking forward and starting to plan my promotion!):D

can anyone who was promoted last season confirm to me if the ticket revenue is the same? just wondering what revenue levels are like etc for higher division teams! (and looking forward and starting to plan my promotion!):D

Your moving up to div 4 are you?

Your moving up to div 4 are you?

Nope Division 3, joining the big boys!:D

Me too (I hope)

• Advertisement

Me too (I hope)

I was going to say I hope also...but in fairness I have pretty much a 100% record...(except for one week were I had a couple of injuries and forgot to select my team so blackout filled in a few postitions for me... prop at OH doesnt work..dropped A LOT of balls in scoring positions!/rant!)

so I can not be caught in my little league and I am in the top half of promotion table - so barring a catastrophe (but I will be using LTNT) in the playoffs im through... but this is sport!!

Advertisement