Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FTA Question

Options
  • 18-06-2005 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just had sky multiroom installed, and as the engineer had a quad LNB I asked him to run 2 extra cables in upstairs, which he kindly did. :)

I had an extra digibox from a previous install so I hooked it up in my bedroom and inserted my newly aquired FTA card.

The EPG came up ok, but I cannot get ITV1 or CH4, even though they are listed on the EPG. I hve never used the card, and the chap I purchased the card from has assured me it was fully functional. The card has not been used in about 2 months.

Do I have to ring SKY to get the card re-activated or will it "sort itself out" in a few hours?

Thanks in advance,

Hobart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Hobart wrote:
    Hi,
    Do I have to ring SKY to get the card re-activated or will it "sort itself out" in a few hours?

Thanks in advance,

Hobart.

Leave your Free to View card in overnight and it should be OK.

If you are in the ROI and ring $ky normally they will disable it for good as a FTV card is not for the ROI!!!!

Let us know what happens in the next 12 hours!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Greenman wrote:
    Leave your Free to View card in overnight and it should be OK.

If you are in the ROI and ring $ky normally they will disable it for good as a FTV card is not for the ROI!!!!

Let us know what happens in the next 12 hours!!!

Thanks for the reply. I will do as advised and post back tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Did the engineer charge you extra for the cable runs upstairs? I was thinking of getting sky+ with one multiroom, and then buying a second box with no card...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Did the engineer charge you extra for the cable runs upstairs? I was thinking of getting sky+ with one multiroom, and then buying a second box with no card...
    €50 to run 2 cables (cash). The FAT card came back on after about 6hrs. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Hobart wrote:
    €50 to run 2 cables (cash). The FAT card came back on after about 6hrs. Thanks for that.

Good to hear all worked out!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement