Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HAYE CHISORA BRAWL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

To be fair to Haye, he had no choice but to throw the first punch.
    having seen Chisora's antics the last few days he knew that he was 100% going to get slapped/punched if he just stood there.

I wouldn't class him anywhere near in the same league of scumbag as chisora

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

nino1 wrote: »
    To be fair to Haye, he had no choice but to throw the first punch.
    having seen Chisora's antics the last few days he knew that he was 100% going to get slapped/punched if he just stood there.

I wouldn't class him anywhere near in the same league of scumbag as chisora

I don't get this defence for Haye that he had to throw the first punch as Chisora was going to throw one anyway.

The two men were face to face for a few seconds before Haye even threw the punch. Chisora went down with the microphone in his hand and he was holding the mic between himself and Haye when he threw that first puch with the bottle in his hand.

I think both men acted like utter scumbags, but I don't buy the "Haye had to throw the first punch" comments that a few have said already, especially as Chisora had already come to a full stop before that punch was thrown.

There are pics up online of Chisora holding the mic between them before the punch. Looks to me that Haye did not want Chisora to challenge him face to face with that mic picking up everything that was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Haye threw the first punch in utter frustration. I bet he'd envisaged walking in on the press conference, having everyone dance to his tune (like he's done in the past) and walking out with a September extravaganza in the bag. Didn't quite work out like that for him. Chisora and Klitschkos camp made a mockery of him (his toe, his cowardly nature etc.) and he didn't like it.

I'm glad he showed his colours anyway. Its poetic justice that a man who forged a career through the media spotlight will have it ended by the media spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

Kess73 wrote: »
    I don't get this defence for Haye that he had to throw the first punch as Chisora was going to throw one anyway.

The two men were face to face for a few seconds before Haye even threw the punch..

he didn't slap vitali straight away either but he did eventually.

you would be an idiot to just stand there and wait for him to hit you first.

there is no way in hell chisora wan't going to punch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

corny wrote: »
    I'm glad he showed his colours anyway. Its poetic justice that a man who forged a career through the media spotlight will have it ended by the media spotlight.
    :confused: How has Hayes career ended? In all likelihood he'll fight Chisora in the summer and make a bucketload of money. Will be favourite to win that fight and probably make an even bigger bucketload of cash against Vitali. Are you saying his career is over as in the BBBC won't renew his license? Doubt that will happen to be honest. Big fines for both men and suspended sentences I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Two year ban from boxing for Haye would be my guess. Chisora, probably a year. The authorities have to be seen to do something, otherwise this will become the norm at these press conferences.

The Klitschos really are being forced to scrape the barrel when they fought these bums. Surely there is even one good American Heavyweight out there.

I thought Vitali was fighting Valuev soon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So if I were to rant and rave about knocking you out, and get up in middle of press conference and then rush down towards you to do so, you'd wait for me to throw the first punch?

I wouldn't do anything that is likely to jeopardise my license to box.
    So I wouldn't follow Haye's example. The guy obviously is feeling foolish, the fact he's gone to ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Pighead wrote: »
    :confused: How has Hayes career ended? In all likelihood he'll fight Chisora in the summer and make a bucketload of money. Will be favourite to win that fight and probably make an even bigger bucketload of cash against Vitali. Are you saying his career is over as in the BBBC won't renew his license? Doubt that will happen to be honest. Big fines for both men and suspended sentences I reckon.

You never know with the money interests involved in boxing but I'd be amazed if they're not seriously admonished for that behaviour. He's guilty of serious assault ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Chisora fought well against Vitali, certainly not disgraced in the ring. Haye was disgraced in the ring against Wlad and also at the conference last night. Why was he even there? Striking him in the way he did was inexcusable. Absolute coward. Chisora's comments about shooting him showed him for the scumbag that he is, but he's not a coward like David Haye.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Oxford_

The bigger question has to be asked here, who let them two out of their cages?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Oxford_ wrote: »
    The bigger question has to be asked here, who let them two out of their cages?

Why would they be in cages?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

kryogen wrote: »
    Why would they be in cages?

i believe he is implying they behaved like animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Haye KTFO's him the fck out if they ever step foot in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Two year ban from boxing for Haye would be my guess. Chisora, probably a year. The authorities have to be seen to do something, otherwise this will become the norm at these press conferences.

The Klitschos really are being forced to scrape the barrel when they fought these bums. Surely there is even one good American Heavyweight out there.

I thought Vitali was fighting Valuev soon as well.

I don't see how you can think Haye came out of it much worse. This was Chisora's third incident in 2 days. Slapping Vitali unprovoked, Spitting water at Wlad and Haye and he fighting. Add on top of that claims he was going to pour petrol on him and burn him, and actually "physically" shoot him.

I despise Haye the person as much as most but that's a fairly blinkered viewpoint if you ask me.

Just because Chisora put up a fight against one of the brothers and Haye didn't doesn't detract from the fact he's a scumbag.

minty16 wrote: »
    Chisora fought well against Vitali, certainly not disgraced in the ring. Haye was disgraced in the ring against Wlad and also at the conference last night. Why was he even there? Striking him in the way he did was inexcusable. Absolute coward. Chisora's comments about shooting him showed him for the scumbag that he is, but he's not a coward like David Haye.

Chisora didn't strike anyone unprovoked that weekend no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

minty16 wrote: »

Chisora didn't strike anyone unprovoked that weekend no?

Firstly Chisora struck vitali unprinvoked, secondly, chisora took his top off signalling he was gonna fight when he walked over to Haye. That is provoking Haye.

Firstly Chisora struck vitali unprinvoked, secondly, chisora took his top off signalling he was gonna fight when he walked over to Haye. That is provoking Haye.

I am agreeing with you...

I think a lot of people's general hate for Haye is coming to the fore, analysing the weekend, Haye was his usual pompous, annoying self but Chisora comes across much worse in my book.

If we were slating Haye in general I'll jump right back on the bandwagon but in this case, he's the lesser of two evils.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

can it get any lower after this weekend

http://www.boxingscene.com/evans-quinn- ... ant--49771

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

corny wrote: »
    Haye threw the first punch in utter frustration. I bet he'd envisaged walking in on the press conference, having everyone dance to his tune (like he's done in the past) and walking out with a September extravaganza in the bag. Didn't quite work out like that for him. Chisora and Klitschkos camp made a mockery of him (his toe, his cowardly nature etc.) and he didn't like it.

His toe must be better then lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

barney4001 wrote: »
    can it get any lower after this weekend

http://www.boxingscene.com/evans-quinn- ... ant--49771

link not working barney...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Nonsense, Chisora was the aggressor, Haye would have been stupid to wait for the first punch. He did the right thing imo in acting first.

That would be my take on this also, but I am gob smacked Frank Warren sat there on his hands while Chisora got up and went around him to confront Haye.......

guess who was in the ring during the long long spitting incident.....

and the cameras were rolling and in the right place........on both occasions!

the promoters and managers , imho have a lot to answer .......letting all

this take place and bring the game into disrepute......perhaps their

positions should be examined , whats the point having administrators and

promoter / managers and they let the likes of that happen.....they were

next to useless really.........( boxing is apparently renowned for its

lightening fast reactions .....this was like a slow court case )...plenty of

time for Frank and the others to stop this happening .....but they didn't.;)

Oh course Frank let it happen, there would be no reason to match the two of them before the fracas. Now it's the talk of the town.

He was trying to match them up before Chisora went down to him... saying winner gets Vitali

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Both fighters should be banned for 2 years, to make their pathetic grudge match redundant. A haye chisora grudge fight would be akin to a wwe event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

WTF is up with all this "banned for life" crap going on.

Chisora or Haye didn't stab each other or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

WTF is up with all this "banned for life" crap going on.

Chisora or Haye didn't stab each other or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

they may not have stabbed eachother, but to gift them millions of pounds on the back of the weekends antics is wrong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I am agreeing with you...

I think a lot of people's general hate for Haye is coming to the fore, analysing the weekend, Haye was his usual pompous, annoying self but Chisora comes across much worse in my book.

If we were slating Haye in general I'll jump right back on the bandwagon but in this case, he's the lesser of two evils.

Would agree that over the course of the weekend that Chisora was the bigger scumbag of the two, but being a lesser scumbag still means you acted like a scumbag.

I see no defence for either man for their antics. Neither had to do any of the stuff they did. For me it was two thugs in action. A mouthy ignorant thug clashing with a mouth cowardly thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

If this happened after a rugby match what would happen ?? These guys need to be thought a lesson, maybe not banned for life but hit their pockets instead !! Horrible individuals and i'm sorry if this sounds anti-british but i find it typical of an english sports person to behave like this. Frank Warren imo should also take some responsibility here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Be surprised to see any significant bans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

tinner777 wrote: »
    Be surprised to see any significant bans

So would I. If there is any censure it should be on Chisora as if he had stayed in his seat it wouldn't of happened.

Advertisement